Arizona Technology Council Names Roger Vogel as Vice Chairman of the Board, Elects Nine New Directors
Diverse leadership group well positioned to help organization evolve with changes in the global business community and keep Arizona's technology sector competitive
PHOENIX, May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing to build on its strong legacy of world-class leadership, the Arizona Technology Council today announced the appointment of Roger Vogel, chairman, president and CEO at Vante Medical Technologies as the Council's vice chairman of the Board. During the Council's regular meeting of its Board of Directors on April 19, 2012, nine new directors were also appointed. Chuck Vermillion, CEO, OneNeck IT Services, remains as chairman.
"Roger's exceptional engineering and management skills were honed for over 20 years at IBM in Tucson before he assumed the role of president and CEO at Vante," said Vermillion. "The Council is fortunate to add such a talented executive to its leadership ranks who brings experience in both the medical and information technology industries."
In addition to the appointment of the new vice chairman, each of the following executives were elected to serve three year terms as new directors of the board:
- Chad Eckes, CIO of Cancer Treatment Centers of America is responsible for leading a top notch IT department in providing leading technology solutions that improve patient care and assist in winning the fight against cancer every day.
- Clark Peterson, CEO, Telesphere, has experience that spans both the wireline and wireless industries and has been instrumental in building and taking public some of the most respected names in the telecommunications industry.
- Jeff Unruh, managing director, Alerion, a merchant banking firm with a private equity focus on middle market companies, has focused on new business development, strategic alliances, and product/service introduction within the technology industry.
- Mario Martinez II, CEO, 360 Vantage, has more than 15 years of enterprise class experience with multi-billion dollar U.S. and international life sciences firms both public and private. Martinez brings the organization depth in sales and marketing technology management.
- Tom Maxwell, Engineering Operations director, Raytheon Missile Systems leads process-improvement initiatives with a focus on strategic talent acquisition, cycle-time improvement, and integration of engineering, supply chain and operations activities. He has 31 years of experience in operations, engineering and quality organizations.
- Melissa Ray, operations executive, TGen is forward-thinking and versatile with 10 plus years of experience driving process and performance improvements for healthcare/biotechnology organizations. She is exceptionally skilled at overseeing quality assurance and policy development activities.
- Michael Hawksworth, president, CEO, MSS Technologies, brings over 30 years of experience providing customers management and information systems consulting services. As founder of the MSS, he developed the company's initial business plan, designed its corporate structure and assembled its management team.
- Robert Dubberly, partner, KPMG's Audit Practice, Phoenix has more than 18 years of experience in providing financial statement audits, audits of internal control, and due diligence services to a variety of large and small companies, both privately held and publicly traded.
- Anthony Wanger, president, IO, the leading provider of next-generation modular data center technology and services, directs the company's expansion and acquisition activities, oversees key transactions, and manages the company's utilities and legal functions.
"The diversity of talent and of the industries that our Board represents provides us with first-class governance," said Steven G. Zylstra, president and CEO of the Arizona Technology Council. "This translates into topnotch ideas and wisdom that we will continue to turn into executable programs that benefit all members."
The newly appointed vice chairman and nine new directors join a distinguished group of industry executives that currently serve on the Council's board of 36 directors and five executive officers. Companies represented include: APSI Technologies, Arizona State University, AT&T, Avnet, Boeing, Bryan Cave, Cox Communications, Ernst & Young, Fennemore Craig, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Honeywell Aerospace, Infusionsoft, Insight Enterprises, Intel, International Research Center, JP Morgan Chase, Lumension Security, Microsoft Corporation, OneNeck IT Services, Powers Investments, Quarles & Brady, Ryley Carlock & Applewhite, Signature Technology Group, Solstice Capital, The Board Institute, Tucson Embedded Systems, University of Arizona, University of Phoenix, Wells Fargo Bank, and Western Alliance Bank.
The Arizona Technology Council's world-class executive officers and board of directors serve in an advisory and fiduciary role by representing the interests of the state's technology industries in the Council's strategic planning and on-going operations.
About the Arizona Technology Council
The Arizona Technology Council is Arizona's premier trade association for science and technology companies. Recognized as having a diverse professional business community, Council members work towards furthering the advancement of technology in Arizona through leadership, education, legislation and social action. The Arizona Technology Council offers numerous events, educational forums and business conferences that bring together leaders, managers, employees and visionaries to make an impact on the technology industry. These interactions contribute to the Council's culture of growing member businesses and transforming technology in Arizona. To become a member or to learn more about the Arizona Technology Council, please visit http://www.aztechcouncil.org.
SOURCE Arizona Technology Council
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.