SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech and ARM, the leading supplier of semiconductor IP, today announced a series of special events taking place during ARM(R) TechCon(TM), which will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif., from Oct. 29 – Oct. 31, 2013.
Aimed at furthering education on the development of ARM-based products, promoting networking between ARM and its large ecosystem of partners, and recognizing the best-in-class technologies, special events at ARM TechCon 2013 include:
- ARM Accredited Engineer (AAE) Program: Following the success of last year's one-day AAE training session, the AAE program team at TechCon 2013 will deliver another day of free training on Tuesday, Oct. 29. This year's theme will focus on the main elements of the Cortex-M Architecture Profile to accompany the new ARM Accredited MCU Engineer (AAME) accreditation. Course topics include the ARMv7-M and ARMv6-M architecture profiles and debug features of the Cortex-M microcontrollers.
- Developer Summit: Held at the Network Meeting Center at the TechMart adjacent to the convention center during the entirety of TechCon, the Summit will feature developer-focused technical talks and hands-on workshops from ARM and partners such as Goo Technologies, BlackBerry, and Google. Attendees can view presentations at no cost on a variety of topics that include applications, gaming, UI, GPU compute, embedded, and enterprise. Interested participants can register here.
- Beer Garden: Attendees are encouraged to join ARM on Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 5:45-7:15 p.m., for a fun-filled evening full of music, games, and networking.
- ARM TechCon Awards: Taking place prior to the keynote presentation on Thursday, Oct. 31 at 9:00 a.m., ARM will announce the Best in Show Awards recognizing the greatest new technologies on display at ARM TechCon. Categories this year include Best in Show Chip Design, Best in Show Hardware Design, and Best in Show Software Design.
Keynote Speakers Focus on Innovative Technology
In addition to previously announced keynotes from ARM CEO Simon Segars and Daniel Kraft, a Stanford and Harvard trained physician-scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, and innovator, UBM Tech and ARM also announce the addition of three new keynote addresses. Martin Fink, CTO and Director of HP Labs, will discuss the way HP is dramatically changing how servers are built to handle cloud computing, Big Data, and mobility on Tuesday, Oct. 29, from 9:15-10:15 a.m.
On Thursday, Oct. 31, at 9:10 a.m., John Cornish, ARM's executive vice president and general manager of the system design division, will discuss the rapidly growing Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. Attendees will learn how quickly IoT models will be deployed, the value those models can bring to different sectors, and how ARM and its extended partner ecosystem is committed to delivering a solid IoT foundation based on open standards, diversity, and choice. Immediately following that presentation, Oracle's Nandini Ramani, vice president, Java Platform, will discuss the role Java plays in the technologies that will bring IoT to market and how ARM and Oracle are collaborating to enable this developer community.
ARM TechCon will feature more than 75 Partners on the expo floor, including show sponsors. Platinum Sponsors include Cadence, Freescale and Mentor Graphics; Gold Sponsors are AMD, Green Hills Software, Hewlett-Packard, IAR Systems, Samsung and Synopsys; and Silver Sponsors are Infineon, Oracle, Rambus, STMicroelectronics, TSMC and Xilinx.
Media and analysts interested in attending, please proceed to room 204 in the Santa Clara Convention Center for media registration.
- Conference program – Get information on sessions, keynotes, and more to start building a daily agenda here.
- Exhibitor list – View the dynamic exhibitor list here.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology industry through live events and online properties. Its community-focused media and events provide expertly curated content along with user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities through its proprietary, award-winning DeusM community platform. UBM Tech's brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developers Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARMs comprehensive product offering includes RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company's broad partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. Find out more about ARM by following these links:
Download Shared Purpose 8 Leadership Lessons for the Ecosystem Age The secrets of success from the Connected Community surrounding ARM
Find out more about ARM by following these links:
ARM on Twitter:
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Linda Uslaner, Marketing Director
T: 516.562.5843, E: email@example.com
For more information on ARM please contact:
Leslie Clavin, Vice President, The Racepoint Group
T. 415.694.6717, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Tech