DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TV Connect MENA – The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu (RCJ), the Saudi Arabian government organization responsible for the world's largest petrochemical city, has selected solutions from ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) to transform and enhance its entertainment services.
The end-to-end solution from ARRIS includes a centralized video and optical headend, HFC network, IPTV middleware as well as IP and cable set-top devices. The ARRIS solution will enable RCJ to deliver enhanced Internet data services; expand the number of channels it currently offers and the refreshed IPTV portal will improve the user interface and channel display, as well as enabling program recording. Furthermore, subscribers benefit from the Arabization of content – a key requirement for the region.
ARRIS has also enabled RCJ to optimize bandwidth limitations in its HFC network. RCJ can now unify the number of channels supported over HFC and GPON networks from a centralized headend, instead of separate headend per each city it administrates.
"We were looking for a proven, integrated solution enabling us to cover delivery from end to end," said Eng. Ahmed Hassan Director of Engineering Department at Royal Commission in Jubail. "The ARRIS portfolio allows us to streamline this process, while providing added business benefits such as content localization capabilities. Furthermore, as we look to expand our geographical remit, the ability to stream from a single centralized headend will be paramount in supporting this growth."
The following solutions will be deployed by Nesma Telecom, a value added reseller for ARRIS in Saudi Arabia:
- ARRIS CAP-1000 is a high-density IP-centric Multiplexor, continuing the ARRIS Emmy-award winning CherryPicker legacy by providing RCJ with MPEG-4 AVC processing capabilities, exceptional bandwidth, carrier-class reliability and readying its service offering for the future
- ARRIS APEX1000 is a next-generation all-purpose edge QAM, which gives RCJ flexibility, high-availability, high-QAM density and low power in an extremely cost-effective 1 RU platform
- ARRIS OmniStar GX2 Optical broadband transmission platform providing RCJ with increased module density, scalability, performance, and flexibility
- VTN244 fiber deep optical node provides RCJ with a versatile, segmentable solution to meet their growing network needs
- ARRIS DreamGallery™ middleware and video navigation software application enabling RCJ to differentiate by delivering a robust feature set for TV, video and recorded content, via a custom-branded, easy to use graphical user interface, enhancing subscribers' viewing experiences, resulting in greater customer satisfaction and increased average revenue per user for the organization
- ARRIS HMC3000 series set-top devices that enable RCJ to deliver HD content to subscribers and facilitate the migration of subscribers to IP-based services with little interruption or outward investment on the part of the service provider
- ARRIS VIP1003 advanced IP HD set-top is a compact, cost-effective HDTV IP set-top allowing RCJ to expand its subscriber base, increase customer satisfaction and grow their average revenue per user by offering rich experiences with crystal-clear HD picture and surround sound, as well as on-demand flexibility.
"We are transforming how organizations deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries, and our engagement with the Royal Commission in Jubail is a prime example of this," said Steve McCaffery, Senior Vice President, EMEA, ARRIS. "With our end-to-end video delivery solutions, the organization can now provide its subscribers with a wider choice and an improved experience – all while streamlining its delivery processes."
About Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu
The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu was founded in 1975 by a decision from Saudi government to construct industrial complexes throughout the Kingdom in order to support and diversify the national economy. Accordingly, The Royal Commission encouraged development in all aspects to include various sectors such as: urban, social, health, education, environment and others. In order to achieve these development goals, the Royal Commission role has become exceptional and vital. The development of Human Resources has emerged as one major objective for the Royal Commission. Therefore, the training and formation of qualified Saudi Nationals to manage and lead industrial development has been from the start our primary responsibility.
Moreover, the Royal Commission takes the lead in the creation of favorable investment environment to attract local and foreign capitals. In particular, one of the Royal Commission policies is to offer adequate infrastructure and services in both Industrial Cities (Jubail and Yanbu) to induce investors to plan and construct industrial, residential and commercial projects in these cities. The Royal Commission also strives to transfer modern technology, increase work opportunities for citizens and expand the economic base. All these efforts have given the Royal Commission its worldwide stature among similar international industrial cities. Indeed, the rate of growth of investments so far achieved has led the Saudi leadership to commit further industrial expansion with the launching of JUBAIL 2 and YANBU 2 industrial cities expansion projects. Most recently, a Royal Decree was issued to the effect of entrusting the Royal Commission with the management and administration of Ras Al-Khair Industrial City. This latest development is a testimony on the importance of the Royal Commission and its positive role in supporting the industrial sector.
With such track record and achievements, the Royal Commission was honoured in many international events and venues. In particular, the Royal Commission received several awards which include the award for the City with the Best Economic Potential in the Middle East, received in 2005 by Jubail Industrial City. In 2002, the Royal Commission received the Best World Wide Sound Planning City Award, given to Yanbu Industrial City.
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world. For more information: www.arrisi.com
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2013. All rights reserved.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.