SUWANEE, Ga., Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS International plc (NASDAQ: ARRS) announced today that it expanded its leading portfolio of DOCSIS 3.1 devices—including, modems, broadband gateways, and telephony gateways—to anticipate the needs of its increasingly diverse global customer base. It also launched its Touchstone Development Partner Program, enabling partners to enhance the subscriber experience on the tens of millions of Touchstone devices shipped each year.
ARRIS has a long history of DOCSIS leadership starting from its pioneering work supporting development of the original standard to its present-day market-leading portfolio of DOCSIS gateways, modems and telephony devices. ARRIS is now taking this leadership position into the future with a growing portfolio of DOCSIS 3.1 devices.
ARRIS's comprehensive DOCSIS 3.1 portfolio now includes three gateways to meet the needs of every gigabit service tier for service providers large and small.
- The new ARRIS TG3442 offers gigabit broadband speeds and delivers whole-home video over Wi-Fi at an entry-level price point.
- The performance-tier TG3452 telephony gateway increases performance for supporting even faster speeds and carrier-grade video over Wi-Fi services.
- And the premium-tier TG3462 telephony gateway adds multiple IoT radios and 8x8 Wi-Fi to deliver the fastest-possible speeds and best connectivity for next-generation connected-home services.
"ARRIS was a pioneer in DOCSIS technology, and we've continually built upon that legacy. Today, we deliver one of the broadest ranges of devices, addressing the diverse needs of service providers worldwide. The TG3442 adds to our leading portfolio of gateway devices, which are becoming important hubs of the connected home. And combined with our new Touchstone Development Partner Program, our expanded DOCSIS portfolio is enabling the next generation of gigabit services and experiences," said Larry Robinson, President, Customer Premises Equipment at ARRIS.
ARRIS's DOCSIS 3.1 portfolio includes an advanced selection of features that address key operator challenges and opportunities:
- Video-over-Wi-Fi: Ensuring the consistent, reliable delivery of high-quality, carrier-grade video service over Wi-Fi through Video QoS, Dedicated Video SSID, and dynamic and adaptive airtime management—eliminating performance bottlenecks
- Security: Addressing software security concerns through authentication and security provisions, including anti-cloning and anti-rollback mechanisms
- IoT Support: Enabling operators to roll out and extend new smart home services through IoT-enabling technologies, including multiple radios and software support
- Wi-Fi Management: Delivering comprehensive in-home Wi-Fi management and service provisioning to match the increasing number of wireless devices in the home
To complement its DOCSIS 3.1 device portfolio – which includes modems and telephony modems in addition to gateways – ARRIS offers a comprehensive range of routers, Wi-Fi extenders, and services support. For more information on ARRIS's broader connected-home portfolio, including detailed product information on DOCSIS 3.1 solutions, please visit www.arris.com.
Touchstone Development Partner Program
ARRIS is launching the Touchstone Development Partner Program in recognition of the broadband gateway's paramount importance as a hub of the connected home. The program opens up the ARRIS Touchstone platform to software development partners around the world—enabling cutting-edge subscriber experiences on the tens of millions of Touchstone devices shipped each year and a deployed base of millions more.
ARRIS is working with select partners, including embedUR Systems and SamKnows™, to provide access to a rich application framework with a growing set of APIs across the gateway's platform and service layers. ARRIS will also provide services for testing, certifying, and deploying applications in service provider networks.
Visit the ARRIS booth #1074 at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo between September 27 and 29, 2016 to learn more about ARRIS's expanded DOCSIS 3.1 portfolio.
ARRIS International plc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) is a world leader in entertainment and communications technology. Our innovations combine hardware, software, and services across the cloud, network, and home to power TV and Internet for millions of people around the globe. The people of ARRIS collaborate with the world's top service providers, content providers, and retailers to advance the state of our industry and pioneer tomorrow's connected world. For more information, visit www.arris.com.
For the latest ARRIS news:
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners © 2016 ARRIS Enterprises LLC. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arris-expands-docsis-31-portfolio-and-launches-touchstone-development-partner-program-300332809.html
SOURCE ARRIS International plc.