ARRIS Integrates Latest Wireless Technology for Enhanced Video Delivery in the Next-Generation Home On display at IBC 2013: Portfolio of Gateways and Set-Top Boxes Deliver Seamless Content Experiences in the Home
AMSTERDAM, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBC 2013 --At IBC 2013 ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) will unveil its latest portfolio of gateways and set-top boxes that deliver a smarter content experience in the connected home. Consumers expect their content, quickly and reliably, on a variety of devices, wherever they are. The ARRIS portfolio provides service providers with a variety of innovative choices for addressing this demand, featuring latest wireless technology to speed deployment and reduce cost.
Larry Robinson, ARRIS President, Customer Premises Equipment comments: "ARRIS has been at the forefront in the development of wireless video experiences and as the market evolves we're seeing the fruition of much of this innovation. The success of our set-tops, gateways and video bridges in so many geographies speaks to an ever-growing desire to take video content out of the living room and beyond the confines of the home. Our continued innovation in this area is making this a reality for our customers and their subscribers."
The Evolution of the Set-top Box
- DVX3662 – One of the leading gateways from ARRIS, the DVX3662 represents the evolution of the set-top. The DVB-C/IP video gateway is the center of the new IP connected home. The multi-tuner DVX3662 leverages transcoding, IP streaming, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and powerful software and cloud technology to deliver multiscreen and time-shift TV around the home, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
TV…Everywhere in the Home
- VIP1113W – A compact wireless set-top box that can sit behind the TV, the VIP1113W delivers high-quality IPTV services and supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, enabling interaction with most other devices in the home network as well as high-quality video distribution in the home. The compact design minimizes energy consumption, reducing its impact on the environment. The VIP1113W is powered by the ARRIS KreaTV operating system integrated with several Video on Demand (VOD), middleware, Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Conditional Access (CA) systems.
- VIP2502W – Your TV can be anywhere in your home because the set-top no longer needs to be wired to the broadband router. The VIP2502W is a Mediaroom set-top with wireless capability, recently introduced by Bell Canada for the launch of its Fibe TV service. It delivers easier installation, location flexibility with no unsightly cables for the consumer. When paired with the VAP2400 Wireless Video Bridge it delivers superior wireless performance over traditional Wi-Fi set-tops. Integrating Wi-Fi into the set-top reduces inventory, reduces cost and makes installation easier.
Wireless Video Distribution
- The ARRIS wireless video bridge transmits HD video content securely throughout the home at an impressive unrivalled level of quality and reliability. Building on the success of the VAP2x00 line, ARRIS is introducing the new VAP3x00 video bridge, incorporating 802.11ac functionality. It incorporates the same revolutionary beam-forming 4x4 technology inherent in its predecessor – delivering whole-home coverage that outperforms other solutions on the market. It's also incredibly easy to install – a simple 'plug and play' set-up requires no software installation or visit from an installer.
Ultra Broadband Connectivity
- ARRIS NVG589 and 599 xDSL/FTTH gateway. Supports ultra broadband Internet connectivity with advanced functionality and performance features, including concurrent high-powered 802.11n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 5Ghz Wi-Fi. The NVG589/99 packs in advanced Quality of Service (QoS), security firewall, and extensive remote management features that enable reliable, single-platform delivery of voice, data, and streaming broadcast-quality video over the broadband network.
Visit ARRIS at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam at stand D31 in Hall 1 and online at: www.arrisi.com/media_kits/ibc13
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world. For more information: www.arrisi.com
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2013. All rights reserved.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.