Arrow Exterminators: 2014 Pest Threats Arrow Exterminators Warns Ants, Fleas, Termites, Rodents and Mosquitoes Could Cause Significant Problems for Homeowners in 2014
ATLANTA, Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pests have long been a threat to the quality of life we all enjoy. Their ability to transmit disease, spread bacteria and cause significant damage to property presents a real challenge for families and homeowners. To help prepare homeowners for 2014, Arrow Exterminators has prepared the top five pests most likely to cause problems this year. To view the infographic: http://visual.ly/arrow-exterminators-2014-pest-threats.
- Ants: Ants continue to be one of the most common pests that invade homes. With over 700 species in the U.S. alone and all requiring different methods of treatment, ants are also one of the most difficult for homeowners to control without professional assistance. If ants are spotted in the home, contact a licensed pest professional immediately to prevent an infestation.
- Fleas: Flea populations are booming in households across the U.S. and not just in homes with pets. Fleas, a lot like bed bugs, have become increasingly resistant to common treatment methods allowing the breeding cycle to continue. Always on the lookout for a warm-blooded host to attack, family pets and humans are the perfect candidates. To help reduce the chances of fleas infesting the home, vacuum often and bathe furry friends frequently.
- Termites: In our area, it's not about if a home will encounter termites, but when. Termites continue to be one of the most significant threats to property causing nearly $5 billion in property damage annually and the damage is rarely covered by homeowners insurance. "Termite infestations continue to create huge financial issues for homeowners," said Shay Runion, Arrow pest expert. "To safeguard their property, homeowners should make sure they have a 24/7/365 termite protection plan for their home and have it inspected annually by a licensed pest professional."
- Rodents: Mild temperatures have provided an abundant food source and the perfect breeding conditions for many types of rodents in our area. The household intruders can transmit diseases, cause real damage inside a home and often bring with them other pests like fleas, ticks and mites. They also reproduce very quickly making them nearly impossible to control without the help of a professional.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are a constant battle for everyone across the region for most of the year. While they are most known for the red, itchy welts they leave behind on their victims, mosquitoes can also transmit diseases such as West Nile Virus and Encephalitis. They only need very small amounts of stagnant water to breed and take just 7-10 days to develop from egg to adult.
Arrow protects homes from infestations with the STEPS® Total Protection System™, an industry-leading process that utilizes Integrated Pest Management. STEPS includes a full home and property evaluation to pinpoint pest control issues; identification of not only the pest, but the true cause of the problem; and treatment in the most environmentally responsible way to alleviate current issues and to help prevent future recurrences. Consumers interested in protecting their homes from pests may obtain additional information at arrowexterminators.com. Additionally, consumers can contact Arrow for a free whole home evaluation at 888-462-7769.
About Arrow Exterminators
Family owned and operated since 1964, Atlanta-based Arrow Exterminators is the seventh largest pest and termite control company in the United States, ranked by revenue. Arrow boasts a modern fleet of more than 1100 vehicles, more than 77 service centers and revenues exceeding $125 million. With QualityPro Certification by the National Pest Management Association, the company offers innovative and environmentally responsible services to protect homes and businesses of customers in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Visit www.arrowexterminators.com for more information.
SOURCE Arrow Exterminators