Art.com Launches artMatch™ Application For The iPhone
Find the art you want, discover new art you'll love and buy the art you must have—wherever and whenever inspiration strikes
EMERYVILLE, Calif., Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Art.com, Inc. (www.art.com),the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art, today announced the introduction of artMatch™ for the iPhone, which makes it easy for art lovers to find, explore, discover, share and purchase art right from their iPhones. artMatch™ allows you to snap a photo of any work of art and instantly search for matching or similar items on Art.com. You can also preview selected artwork in your own space by simply holding up your iPhone. The application is free and can be downloaded through Apple's App Store.
"Art.com has one simple goal—to make art accessible to all—and our new artMatch™ application for the iPhone takes that one step further, making it easy and fun for people to engage with art wherever and whenever inspiration strikes," said Geoffroy Martin, CEO of Art.com, Inc. "Imagine walking down the streets of your favorite city, spotting a work of art you love in a cafe, gallery or museum and being able to go on your phone, find that work on Art.com, frame it and have it waiting for you at home when you return. That's now possible with the artMatch™ application for the iPhone."
ArtMatch™ for the iPhone uses Art.com's innovative Visual Search™ technology, allowing users to:
- Instantly find a work of art – Take a photo of a work of art, upload a photo from the phone or enter a URL, and Art.com will instantly tell you whether it is available for sale on the site. If it's not on Art.com, we'll show you similar works from our vast collection.
- Browse – Art.com's collection of more than one million works of art is conveniently presented in list, grid and single views optimized for viewing on the iPhone. Read information about each art piece and Super Zoom™ into specific art pieces to see brush strokes, texture and more.
- Visualize – Simply hold up your phone to see that work of art in your own room or select from our gallery of rooms.
- Save and Share – Save your favorites to a gallery and share them with friends via email or Facebook. Once images are shared, your friends can comment, "like" and more.
- Buy – Purchase your pick right from the phone with an integrated cart experience that syncs with your phone contacts for easy shipping. Your artwork arrives ready to hang on your wall. Learn more at www.art.com/iphone.
About Art.com, Inc.
Art.com, Inc. is the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art. The company was founded in 1998 with one goal—to make art accessible to all by transforming the way the world discovers, personalizes, shares and purchases art. From Basquiat to Van Gogh and every style in between, the site's sophisticated visual search tools make it fun and easy to explore Art.com's vast collection of more than one million works. Art.com, Inc. runs three sites in the USA—Art.com, AllPosters.com, and ArtistRising.com—and has a strong international presence with 25 local sites in Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and South America.
Art.com, Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. "art.com" and "AllPosters" are registered trademarks, and "ArtMatch," "Visual Search" and "(Super) Zoom" are trademarks, of Art.com, Inc. Other trade names and trademarks appearing above are the properties of their respective owners and are not used to imply a relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship of us by, these other companies.
SOURCE Art.com, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.