Artful Home Launches Flash Gallery
Art furniture goes outdoors
MADISON, Wis., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Artful Home, the leading online retailer of American-made art and fashion, announces the launch of its new "Flash Gallery," a series of monthly online events showcasing exceptional new work by top artists. The artwork will only be available for the duration of the Flash Gallery - twelve days, to be exact - and much of it is either one-of-a-kind or in limited quantities.
For their inaugural Flash Gallery, titled "Art Furniture Goes Outdoors," Artful Home brings together seven nationally recognized artists to explore the cutting edge of artist-made outdoor décor. With recent press ranging from The New York Times to American Craft Magazine, these artists are known for their ability to combine materials and forms in unusual and beautiful ways. From candy-colored fabricated metal to fiberglass crafted to look like aged concrete, this artist-made furniture opens a realm of possibilities for the discerning consumer. Every piece is designed and fabricated by artists in the United States.
The event features works from these artists:
- Damian Velasquez (Albuquerque, NM) designs and builds sculptural outdoor furniture from stainless steel using geometric forms as launching points.
- Zachary A. Design (Chicago, IL) creates furniture that defies expectations: what appears to be heavy concrete is actually a mixture of lightweight fiberglass and coarse sand.
- Isaac Arms (Bozeman, MT) creates sculptural pieces that begin as rough sketches, turn into digital models using 3D software, and finally become steel furniture rich with depth and volume.
- Brad Reed Nelson (Carbondale, CO) gives traditional forms a modern kick with a clever combination of styles and materials. He mixes sustainable or repurposed wood with cast aluminum in distinctive, playful designs.
- Boris Bally (Providence, RI) transforms recycled street signs into edgy, eye-catching chairs with a pop-art aesthetic and a witty sense of humor.
- Julie and Ken Girardini (Sykesville, MD) a husband-and-wife design team, create sleek, modern furniture from cold-finished steel with a pop of color.
- Miles & May (Geneva, NY) builds handcrafted furniture designed to last a lifetime using mostly recycled and locally sourced wood.
Artful Home's inaugural "Flash Gallery: Art Furniture Goes Outdoors" launched on April 10 and will run through April 21, 2013. For more information, visit www.artfulhome.com/flash-gallery.
About Artful Home
Artful Home connects artists and art lovers, offering the most significant online collection of juried and curated fine art, craft, and apparel by North American artists. Through its catalogs and website, Artful Home provides vital connections between artists and those looking to acquire their work.
Founded as The Guild as an art publishing company in 1985, Artful Home today offers art buyers more than 14,000 original works of art direct from the studios of over 1,200 leading artists and designers. All sales are backed by a customer-friendly guarantee. Artful Home also offers highly personalized customer service, exclusive artwork, and online content from experts in the field of contemporary fine art and fine craft.
Sarah Pozdell Artful Home, 608.227.4163, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Artful Home
More by this Source
Artful Home celebrates 10 year Partnership with Craft Emergency Relief Fund
Nov 07, 2013, 11:11 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.