Arthritis Foundation Bestows Highest National Awards
ATLANTA, Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Arthritis Foundation bestowed its highest nationwide honors to several deserving recipients during its national meeting on Nov. 18 in Beverly Hill, Calif. The honorees are as follows:
Charles B. Harding Award for Distinguished Service
The Arthritis Foundation honored Pamela R. Massey with its highest nationwide volunteer award, the Charles B. Harding Award for Distinguished Service. This annual award recognizes a volunteer who has provided leadership and direction to the Arthritis Foundation, given their time and talent generously to help others, and challenged other foundation volunteers to be their best. Massey has served the Arthritis Foundation in various capacities for more than 35 years, including the national board of directors.
Lee C. Howley Sr. Prize for Arthritis Research
Dr. Alisa E. Koch of University of Michigan and Dr. Andrew D. Luster of Massachusetts General Hospital were named the 2011 winners of the Lee C. Howley Sr. Prize for Arthritis Research. The Howley Prize recognizes researchers whose contributions during the previous five years have represented a significant advancement in the understanding, treatment or prevention of arthritis.
The Floyd B. Odlum Making a Difference Award
Alpha Omicron Pi fraternity received the Floyd B. Odlum Making a Difference Award. The award recognizes major contributions and achievements that have advanced the mission of the Arthritis Foundation and honors an individual, organization, corporation or government agency that has helped to make a difference in the lives of people and families with arthritis.
Volunteer Award Winners 2011
- Community Excellence Award: Michael West, Northeast Region
- Community Outreach Volunteer of the Year Award: Dr. Ara Dikranian, Pacific Region
- Development Volunteer of the Year Award: James H. Berick, Great Lakes Region
- Edward M. Kennedy Advocacy Leadership Award: Jeff Sudmeier, Upper Midwest Region
- Emerging Leader in Advocacy Award: Napoule Auferoth, New England Region
- Gala Excellence Award: Stanford and Adrienne Rubin, Pacific Region
- Heart of the Mission Award: Roger Carr, Mid Atlantic Region
- Innovative Public Health Partnership Award: Tim Jones, Pacific Region
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk Spirit Award: Dr. Dan Fohrman and Deborah Schoening, Great West Region
- Life Improvement Series Volunteer of the Year Award: Pamela Robbins, RN, Upper Midwest Region
- Lorraine Potocki Arthritis Walk Award: Larry Ezell, Pacific Region
- Major Gift Leadership Award: Donald Barr, New England Region and Bill Mulvihill, Arthritis Foundation National Board of Directors
- National Public Health Partnership Award: Jane Delgado, Ph.D., MS, President and CEO, National Alliance for Hispanic Health
About the Arthritis Foundation
Striking one in every five adults and 300,000 children, arthritis is the nation's leading cause of disability. The Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org) is committed to raising awareness and reducing the unacceptable impact of this serious and painful disease, which can severely damage joints and rob people of living life to its fullest. The Foundation funds life-changing research that has restored mobility in patients for more than six decades; fights for health care policies that improve the lives of the millions who live with arthritis; and partners with families to provide empowering programs and information.
SOURCE Arthritis Foundation
More by this Source
Get In The Holiday Spirit With The Jingle Bell Run/Walk For Arthritis
Nov 01, 2013, 11:03 ET
More Americans Limited By Arthritis Pain
Nov 07, 2013, 14:52 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.