CLEVELAND, May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- USA Insulation is prepared to help customers get their homes ready for the warmer than usual summer that is likely ahead. Thanks to El Niño, the majority of Americans enjoyed a mild winter but as a result, many weather experts are predicting temperatures to be above average in the coming months.
"Most people associate insulation with keeping things warm. However, it is equally important when it comes to ensuring your family is cool and comfortable in the summer," stated Patrick Pitrone, president of USA Insulation. "We've helped customers save thousands of dollars in energy costs, making insulation one of the best investments you'll never see."
Most homes are currently insulated to meet code standards. However, these standards are typically minimal and not very effective. USA Insulation provides dependable, cost-effective solutions that keep homeowners feeling comfortable year-round. The company's proprietary injection foam has a high R-value, improves overall air quality, alleviates indoor allergens, reduces outside noise by as much as 80 percent and installs cleanly and quickly.
Here are five things USA Insulation recommends you should check to determine if your home is "summer ready."
1. Attic Space: Check to see that the insulation in your attic is at least 12 inches thick. Ideally, there is 15 to 20 inches in a well-insulated home.
2. Walls: You should know what's in your walls. Drill a small hole or take off a switch plate to inspect whether or not the there is insulation. Even if there is existing insulation, it may be insufficient.
3. Basement: It may not be the most fun to navigate your way through your basement crawl space but it's important to see if you have insulation there.
4. Band Joist: This is the area where the basement ceiling meets the basement wall. Look to see if there is an open cavity or space – there shouldn't be.
5. Ductwork: Make sure there are no holes or areas of exposure in your duct system – this can leak 30 percent of the cool air generated by your A/C.
You can complete the tasks on this checklist yourself but if you don't want to, USA Insulation provides free in-home consultations. They know what to look for and they know how to fix it.
About USA Insulation:
USA Insulation is in the business of helping homeowners save thousands of dollars over the course of home ownership through the installation of high-quality residential home insulation. The U.S. Department of Energy's number one recommendation for reducing energy bills for heating & cooling is by adding insulation - to attic spaces, ceilings, interior walls and crawl spaces. USA Insulation offers the best solutions for your home improvement dollars – including proprietary injection foam that expands to fill all cracks and crevices. Air sealing services are also available to further reduce drafts. USA Insulation is dedicated to providing a superior product and service, resulting in satisfied customers nationwide.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/as-effects-of-el-nino-promise-an-unusually-hot-summer-usa-insulation-shares-5-simple-ways-to-determine-if-your-home-is-prepared-for-the-heat-300270691.html
SOURCE USA Insulation