WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Yesterday a severe storm system with strong winds, rain and hail moved through the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, causing damage to communities throughout the area.
In response, Farmers Insurance® claims representatives, agents, other personnel and resources have been helping customers in communities impacted by the adverse weather. Catastrophe claims staff are closely monitoring incoming claims volume and triaging claims, in addition to providing front-line assistance to customers in the affected areas.
Farmers advises customers in the impacted areas, who have sustained damage from the storms, to call their agent or the 24-hour claims center for assistance.
- Farmers Claims Contact Center number: 1-800-435-7764.
- Foremost and 21st Century customers can also use the 1-800-435-7764 number for immediate assistance.
- Bristol West customers can call 1-800-274-7865 for immediate assistance.
- Spanish-language claims assistance is available to Farmers customers by calling: 877-RECLAMO (877-732-5266).
Immediately following a storm, Farmers Insurance recommends the following actions when safe:
- Walk around the home inside and out to identify potential damage
- Take photographs of any damage noted to the property
- Make emergency repairs or temporary emergency repairs as needed to prevent further damage, if you are unable to do so yourself, you may want to consider hiring a professional
- Do not forget to check your landscaping
- Talk to your Farmers agent if you have questions regarding damage and the claims process
For tips on how to prepare for future spring storms review the Seasonal Smarts Digest (SSD) at www.farmers.com/news/seasonal-smarts/. The digest is released at the beginning of each season and the 2016 Spring Edition will be available on Thursday, March 10.
"Farmers Insurance®" and "Farmers®" are trade names for a group of affiliated insurers providing insurance for automobiles, homes and small businesses and a wide range of other insurance and financial services and products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with over 19 million individual policies, across all 50 states, through the efforts of more than 48,000 exclusive and independent agents and approximately 21,000 employees. Farmers Insurance Exchange, the largest of the three primary insurance insurers that make up Farmers Insurance, is recognized as one of the largest U.S. companies on the 2015 Fortune 500 list.
For more information about Farmers Insurance, visit Farmers.com, Twitter and Instagram, @WeAreFarmers, or Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.
SOURCE Farmers Insurance