As Office Tech Surges, Millions Left On Their Own For Training
Administrative Professionals Week Infographic reveals need for increase in training for staff that use mobile and Cloud technology
KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Administrative staff isn't being given the training they need to use the evolving mobile and Cloud technologies that are being rapidly adopted by corporations, organizations and governments.
A new infographic, with data drawn from IAAP and other sources shows that while more companies are using mobile devices and Cloud apps, approximately 6 million office professionals in North America alone get 10 hours or fewer of training every year provided by their employers. About half those office professionals are completely responsible for their own training and get little training support from their employers.
The infographic includes nine facts that illustrate the unhealthy relationship between the rise of the virtual office and the lack of training for office professionals:
- 40 percent of the global workforce uses mobile technology for their jobs.
- 75 percent of the world's largest companies encourage their employees to use their own devices at work.
- 58 percent of companies in a recent survey said they've deployed mobile enterprise apps for their customers and clients.
- 71 percent of respondents to a recent survey predicted most or all of their tasks at work will be done using mobile or Cloud technology.
- In the very near future, a majority of employers will be utilizing Cloud technology for business.
- The number of telecommuters has nearly doubled to more than 3 million since 2006.
New Tech Means New Challenges
- Three out of four administrative professionals say keeping up with changing technology is the most significant issue they face at work.
- Three out five administrative professionals say they get 10 hours or less of training at work every year.
- A third of all administrative professionals are responsible for their own training at work. That's equal to about 3 million admins in North America alone.
Office professionals are vital for the success of their employers. Their work impacts virtually every facet of the international economy. It makes long-term business sense to provide the right office technology training for administrative staff. This Administrative Professionals Week April 21-27, IAAP is asking employers everywhere to consider the value of their office professionals and to invest in their success through professional development and networking. For more information and resources, visit www.iaap-hq.org.
SOURCE International Association of Administrative Professionals