LONDON, Dec. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is an important component of modern therapy for diabetes mellitus. SMBG has been recommended for people with diabetes and their health care professionals in order to achieve a specific level of glycemic control and to prevent hypoglycemia. Self-monitoring of blood glucose is a very lucrative business with enormous market opportunity. The primary growth factors for the SMBG market is the increasing global diabetic population; increasing awareness among the diabetes population, increasing spending on healthcare, active reimbursement policies and the technological advancement aimed at minimal and non-invasive testing methods.
- In 2015, Asian SMBG market was valued at nearly US$ 2 Billion.
- It is anticipated that the Asian SMBG users will cross the figure of 20 Million by 2021.
- China dominates the self-monitoring of blood glucose users, with over XX percent users share in 2015.
- Thailand and Malaysia are competing closely with each other to grab maximum share of the blood glucose users.
- In Asia, China is the single largest market for SMBG followed by Australia and India.
- Test Strips account for maximum share of the SMBG market.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled "Asia - Self Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG) (Test Strips, Lancet, Meter) Market and Forecast" is a 123 Page report with 122 Figures and 12 Tables. This report analyses the 7 Asian countries Diabetes Population, SMBG Users and SMBG Market by Product Segment (Test Strips, Lancet, Meter).
All the 7 Countries in the report have been studied from 3 viewpoints.
1. Country Wise Diabetes Population and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
I. Type 1 Diabetes Population
II. Type 2 Diabetes Population
2. Country Wise SMBG Users and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
3. Country Wise SMBG Market and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
I. Blood Glucose Test Strips Market
II. Blood Glucose Lancet Market
III. Blood Glucose Meter Market
The 7 Countries Studied in the reports are as follows:
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government And NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries And Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4128995/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/asia---self-monitoring-of-blood-glucose-smbg-test-strips-lancet-meter-market-and-forecast-300380718.html