LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sodium chloride or NaCl is an ionic compound with the chemical formula representing a 1:1 ratio of sodium and chloride ions.
It is more commonly referred to as salt, table salt or common salt and is readily soluble in water. The sodium chloride market is largely impacted by its end-use in various sectors – food, medical, industrial and chemical. In several regions of North America and Europe, sodium chloride is used to de-ice the streets and highways during heavy snowfall.
Here are some key findings of the study:
- In the food sector, sodium chloride is mainly used for seasoning, coloring, curing meats, preserving fish, etc.
- The medical uses are in catheter flush injections or intravenous infusions and for cleaning objects such as contact lenses. Inhaling sodium chloride helps remove certain bacteria in body secretions.
- Sodium chloride is one of the most important chemicals used in the chemical industry, mainly for the manufacture of caustic soda, sodium chlorite, ammonium chlorite and sodium bicarbonate.
- A large quantity of sodium chloride is also used as feedstock in many industrial processes and for water softening purposes.
- Currently, Asia represents the largest region producing sodium chloride followed by Europe, North America and South & Central America.
The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the sodium chloride industry in any manner.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/asia-declared-largest-sodium-chloride-producer-300457969.html