NEW YORK, Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloud and OTT-based Applications Remain Market Disruptors
This Asia-Pacific enterprise telephony market tracker analyzes trends, vendor performance, vertical and horizontal market splits, go-to-market strategies, and important customer wins. The market is segmented into private branch exchange (PBX), key telephone system (KTS), wireless private branch exchange (WPBX), and Internet protocol (IP) PBX. This research is based on Frost & Sullivan's proprietary TEAM methodology, which ensures that clients have a complete 360 Degree Perspective to drive decision-making. The base year of the study is 2014, and the forecast period is from 2015 to 2020.
- The enterprise telephony market in Asia-Pacific recorded a total revenue of $ million in CY 2014, registering a % decline over CY 2013. The key reasons for this decline were migration of the on-premises telephony market to cloud and reduced spending from enterprises.
- The IP telephony market declined on a year-on-year (y-o-y) basis but grew in H2 2014 over H1 2014. This was due to increase in shipment sales of IP phones and IP licenses.
- Japan, India, Thailand, and the Philippines were the only countries to register positive growth in CY 2014. The markets in South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Indonesia
declined by double digits. This caused the total Asia-Pacific market to decline.
- Although the macro-economic condition continued to be challenging, vendors such as NEC, Cisco, Hitachi, Oki Electric Industry Co (OKI), Ericsson-LG, and Microsoft were able to grow their telephony revenue in CY 2014.
- Google's 'Apps for Work' and Microsoft's 'Skype for Business' will continue to disrupt the market during the near term of the forecast period, 2015 to 2017.
- The mid-market, which provided growth opportunity for vendors in 2014, is expected to be the fastest-growing market segment during the forecast period of 2015 to 2021.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03008824-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.