Asia-Pacific Network Security Market Q3 2011
NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Increase in Sophisticated Cyber Attacks Promoted Investment in Network Security Set-ups
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) network security market registered a flat growth on a quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) basis, although the year-over-year (YoY) growth of good growth suggested that spending sentiments were stronger compared to last year. For enterprises that went ahead with their purchases, strong emphasis was placed on the vendor's ability to articulate the value differentiation they offered, be it in the area of threat intelligence or from a price-performance perspective. The perception that IT security represented poor return of investment (ROI) meant that enterprises were unwilling to spend too much on their security setup, especially if they already had existing infrastructure.
• The Asia-Pacific (APAC) network security market registered a flat X percent growth rate on a quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) basis, although the year-over-year (YoY) growth of X percent suggested that spending sentiments were stronger compared to last year.
• For enterprises that went ahead with their purchases, strong emphasis was placed on the vendor's ability to articulate the value differentiation they offered, be it in the area of threat intelligence or from a price-performance perspective.
• The perception that IT security represented poor return of investment (ROI) meant that enterprises were unwilling to spend too much on their security setup, especially if they already had existing infrastructure.
• Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSIs) continued to lead the way in network security spending in Q3 2011 as concerns surrounding cyber attacks and threats forced many in the sector to ramp up on their security posture.
• Large enterprises continued to dominate network security spending in Asia-Pacific, although the security mindset was rapidly filtering down to the mass enterprises.
In-house Information/Secondary Research
Network Security Vendors
Major Distributors: Data Collation, Analysis, and Strategic Review - Final Research Service
System Integrators and Resellers
• Greater China
• South Korea
• Firewall/IPSec VPN are products that provide a firewall and/or IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) on a single platform.
• A firewall is a system or a group of systems that enforces an access control policy between networks. Access control policy means blocking certain traffic and/or permitting certain traffic. Thus, the principal function of a firewall is to protect the resources of a private network. Only stateful or deep packet inspection firewalls are included in this study.
• VPN is a virtual private communication network existing within a shared or public network platform that is the Internet. VPN uses the shared public infrastructure while maintaining privacy through security procedures and tunneling protocols. IPSec VPNs operate at the network layer (layer three) of the Open System Interconnection (OSI) network architecture model.
• A Secure Sockets Layer Virtual Private Network (SSL VPN) is a type of VPN that does not require VPN client software on remote devices. Users can make a secure connection from any laptop or desktop PC with a browser using SSL standard.
Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IDP/IPS)
• An Intrustion Detection System (IDS) gathers and analyzes information from various areas within a computer or a network by using intelligent detection methods to identify possible security breaches, which includes both attacks from outside and inside the organization. Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP) or Intrusion Prevention Solutions (IPS) not only detect but also block such attacks.
• All revenue is based on end-user prices—that is, the actual price paid by end users for the products. All revenue associated with system integration, maintenance, and other professional services attributes have been excluded from this analysis.
• Revenue will be provided in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise specified.
• Deployment of integrated security appliances that are driven by anti-virus/content filtering are excluded from the final revenue.
• Sales of security subscription services such as anti-virus/content filtering and IPS with integrated security appliances are excluded from revenue accounting for integrated security appliances under Firewall/IPSec VPN.
• For secure router/switch deployments that are driven by security purposes, the cost of the entire solution, including the value of router/switch hardware, is included. Sales of security modules that are not bundled with router/switch sales are accounted for separately.
• No revenue will be accounted for SSL VPN functionalities that are offered at no additional charges to customers on firewall appliances or integrated security appliances.
Table of Contents
Market Definitions and Research Methodology
Asia-Pacific Network Security Market Q3 2011
Australian Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Chinese Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Hong Kong Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Indian Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Indonesian Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Japanese Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Malaysian Network Security Market, Q3 2011
New Zealand Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Philippines Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Singaporean Network Security Market, Q3 2011
South Korean Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Taiwanese Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Thailand Network Security Market, Q3 2011
Vietnamese Network Security Market, Q3 2011
To order this report: Asia-Pacific Network Security Market Q3 2011
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
More by this Source
Brazil Food and Drink Report Q2 2014
Mar 06, 2014, 11:00 ET
United States Orthopedic Prosthetics Market Outlook to 2020
Mar 06, 2014, 10:56 ET
MediPoint: Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging - Current and Future Players
Mar 06, 2014, 10:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.