LONDON, Jan. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This market insight covers the small-satellite market from an Earth-imaging standpoint. It touches on the research and commercial versions of small-satellite technology. Other domains such as in-orbit debris mitigation and satellite-based internet services have also been covered. The study attempts to identify the differentiating factors and success factors, and estimates the revenue for the small-satellite imaging market. The small-satellite launch forecast for 2015-2020 has also been provided. The study ends with key pointers for capitalizing on this growing market that can benefit suppliers and service providers in the small-satellite imaging market.
The number of small satellites to be launched between 2015 and 2020 is . More than % of these belong to the micro/mini-satellite segment.
- Small satellites lost in launch failures in 2015 will result in an increase in the demand for small-satellite launch services in 2016. OneWeb's satellite constellation will account for % of the total small-satellite launch demand during 2015–2020.
- The small-satellite imaging market is estimated to be valued at $ million in 2015 and reach $ million in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2015 to 2020. However, this revenue only represents the partial revenue that small-satellite imagery will take away from the existing satellite imaging market.
- % of the small satellites to be launched during 2015–2020 will belong to commercial organizations looking to enter the Earth observation/imaging market with diverse imaging data services using cloud/Big Data technologies.
- Recent research efforts of Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) have resulted in the successful integration of high-resolution sensors onboard small-satellite platforms.
- Although small-satellite imagery data products will compete with existing products, they will account for about % of the existing market in 2020. The evolution of web-based analytics platforms and customized analytics algorithms will bring in new customers that previously had no access to satellite data.
- Upcoming dedicated small-satellite launch services will drive the imaging and analytics market owing to the reducing launch costs for small-satellite missions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3312060/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48