CAMARILLO, Calif., Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New Year's celebrations have faded and, with them, so have the feelings of contemplation, regret, and hopefulness that mark this time of year. However, thorough and compassionate senior care, like that available at Sally's Residential Care Home in Camarillo, CA, makes sure that every day throughout the year is full of optimism for seniors. After all, depression and other mental health concerns are a growing issue as we enter our elder years and superior assisted living facilities do all they can to address them.
In this regard, Sally's benefits from its location as a care home in Camarillo; the city's bright skies and temperate climate makes outdoor activity and cheerful socialization a breeze. With over 300 sunny days a year, Camarillo makes it easy to experience all the benefits of being alfresco. It's commonly accepted that access to the outdoors has many mental health benefits for seniors, including those associated with:
- Fresh air. Taking the time to relax and breathe in clean air, perhaps through a meditative deep inhalation, can calm the mind and assist the body's blood flow.
- Sunlight. Sally's Care Home recognizes that many seniors are sensitive to direct sunlight; however, even 10 minutes in the sun can have depression-alleviating and vitamin D-enriching effects!
- Exercise. The importance of exercise on mental health has been well-documented and the pleasant weather of Camarillo makes daily walks and regular exercise incredibly easy for the nurses and staff of Sally's Care Home to organize.
- Being around plants. Some studies suggest that being around plants—quite common in lush Camarillo and the backyards of Sally's facilities—regularly can increase memory capabilities, reduce stress, and stimulate underutilized senses.
- Access to the community. Because of a lack of disagreeable weather, the ease of access to social events, both in the Camarillo community at large and between the three homes that comprise Sally's Residential Care Home, is unparalleled. Socializing and feeling invested in one's community are reliable ways to increase self-worth and a positive outlook on life.
Of course, the comprehensive care at Sally's Care Home isn't excessively centered on its easy access to the outdoors. The pair of resident nurses who own and operate the assisted living facilities have decades of experience in senior care and are capable of managing the diverse needs of their residents. Whether it is providing nutritious meals with special dietary concerns in mind or regularly performing trainings for all staff members, Sally and Kayhan Mojabi make sure that their residents' needs are met in every avenue of their lives. Each resident is given an individualized plan of care at Sally's Care Home, which includes managing medication and visits from necessary specialists as well as 24-hour emergency response.
To learn more about Sally's Residential Care Home and its approach to senior assisted living, visit www.sallyscarehome.com or give its outstanding staff a call at 805-701-1246.
PR submitted by www.cyberset.com
SOURCE Sally's Residential Care Home