Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC) Announces 2013 Board of Directors Election Results
MALVERN, Pa., March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC) announces the newly elected members of the 2013 AAWC Board of Directors. The new board members will join with 2012 elected members and will serve a 2-year term. The new members officially take office on May 3, 2013 at the Annual AAWC Membership Meeting held during SAWC Spring in Denver, Colorado.
Elected members include:
- To the Executive Office of Secretary, Barbara Bates Jensen PhD, RN, FAAN from Los Angeles, California
- Industry Representative, Linda Pruitt RN, MS, WOCN/ET from Guthrie, Oklahoma
- Nurse Representative, Ruth Bryant, RN, MS, CWOCN from Thompson Falls, Montana
- Nurse Representative, Jennifer Hurlow, MSN, GNP-BC, WOCN from Germantown, Tennessee
- Physical Therapy Representative, Tim Paine, PT, CWS, FCCWS from Bellevue, Washington
- Physician Representative, Randall Cook, MD, FACS, CWSP, ABPM/UHM from Montgomery, Alabama
- Physician Representative, Caroline Fife, MD, CWS, FUHM from The Woodlands, Texas
- Podiatrist Physician Representative, Brandon J. Hawkins DPM, CWS from Bakersfield, California
- Research Representative, Linda Cowan, PhD, ARNP, FNP-BC, CWS Gainesville, Florida
AAWC wishes to publicly recognize the current AAWC Board Members for their time, expertise and dedication to forwarding the mission of the association.
Stepping down from their positions on May 3, 2013 are:
- From the Executive Office of Secretary, Peggy Dotson, RN, BS from Oak Island, North Carolina
- 2nd Term Industry Representative, Janice Young, RN, BSN, MPH, WOCN from New Braunfels, Texas
- Nurse Representative, Lisa Corbett, APRN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN from Hartford, Connecticut
- 2nd Term Nurse Representative, Carelyn P. Fylling, RN, MSN, CWS, CLNC from Punta Gorda, FL
- 2nd Term Physical Therapist Representative, Pamela Scarborough, PT, DPT, MS, CDE, CWS from Wimberley, TX
- Physician Representative, Alistair W. Bairos, MD, CWS-P, FACCWS from Kealakekua, Hawaii
- Physician Representative, Thomas E. Serena, MD, FACS from Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Podiatrist Physician Representative, Desmond Bell, DPM, CWS from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
AAWC Board Members are elected by the members of the association, except in the rare event that a vacancy occurs, in which case an interim member is appointed by the AAWC Board of Directors to fulfill the remaining portion of that term.
"We are so pleased with the high caliber of the candidates that run for and are elected to serve on our Board of Directors," states Tina Thomas, Executive Director. "The organization has and will continue to need strong, committed and diversified leadership, as well as membership participation, in order to continue to further its mission to be the leader in interdisciplinary wound healing and tissue preservation."
In line with its inter-professional and inclusive nature, AAWC is a membership organization that is open to everyone involved in the care of wounds, including patients. There are numerous ways that those interested in the care of wounds can contribute their time and talents while making a difference at AAWC. If you would like to become involved or simply support the cause, please consider joining as a professional or discover our patient/lay-caregiver advocate network and join for free.
ABOUT AAWC – As the leader in interdisciplinary wound healing and tissue preservation, AAWC is the largest, not-for-profit, multi-specialty organization in the United States dedicated to the research and clinical application of evidence-based wound care. AAWC offers membership to everyone involved in wound care, including healthcare professionals, patients, lay-caregivers, clinics/facilities, corporations, students, retirees, and advocates. Learn more and become an advocate today at www.aawconline.org.
SOURCE Association for the Advancement of Wound Care