Association Of Medical Directors Of Information Systems (AMDIS) Plans For The Next Phase In Clinical IT With New Fall Symposium - Disruptive Innovation: Now Is The Time!
PROVIDENCE, R.I., Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems (AMDIS) announces the full program for the Fall Symposium, which brings leading physician and clinical IT leaders together to share ideas, tactics and lessons learned in healthcare IT. The AMDIS Fall Symposium is designed for clinical informatics professionals looking to apply the latest digital technologies, applications and resources to all their initiatives to improve patient care and includes a full session track and unlimited networking opportunities.
The AMDIS Fall Symposium will be held September 30 – October 1, 2013 at the Colonnade Hotel in Boston. For more information, please visit www.amdissymposium.com
- Disruptive Innovation: Now is the Time!
- Achieving Innovation with Commercial EHRs
- The Patient-Physician Relationship and Social Media
- Expect Direct! Health Information Exchange in the Context of Stage 2 Meaningful Use
- Building the App Store for Health
- Big Institution to Community Care
- Achieving Best Practices / CDS / Quality as the Rules Change and as Knowledge Grows
- InfoSage & Disruptive Innovation
- International Outreach to Low-income Nations and Crisis Sites
- Health Information Exchange & Care Coordination
- Innovation at the Point-of-Care: Rethinking the Doctor-Patient Encounter
- Who's Afraid of the MU-2?
- The Next Generation of Health IT Leaders
- The Tension Between Regulations & Innovations
Expert Speakers Include:
- William F. Bria II, MD; President, AMDIS
- Narath Carlile, MD, MPH; CMIO, ACT.md
- Bradley H. Crotty, MD MPH FACP; Investigator, Clinical Informatics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Hamish S. F. Fraser, MBChB, MRCP, MSc; Associate Physician, Division of Global Health Equity, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Joseph Frassica, MD; Vice President and CMIO/CTO, Philips Healthcare, Patient Care and Clinical Informatics
- John Glaser, PhD; CEO, Health Services, Siemens Healthcare
- Claus Hamann, MD, MS; Internist, Geriatrician and Informatician, Accenture
- Tonya Hongsermeier, MD, MBA; Principal Informatician, Clinical Informatics Research and Development, Partners HealthCare System
- Andrew Scott Karson, MD, MPH; Massachusetts General Hospital
- David C. Kibbe, MD, MBA; Founding President and CEO, DirectTrust
- Gilad J. Kuperman, MD, PhD; Director, for Interoperability Informatics, New York- Presbyterian Hospital
- Adam Landman, MD, MS, MIS, MHS; CMO, Health Information Innovation and Integration, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Jonathan A. Leviss, MD; CMO, Rhode Island Quality Institute
- Kenneth D. Mandl, MD, MPH; Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Kenneth R. Ong, MD, MPH, FACP, FI DSA, FHIMSS, CPHIMS; CMIO, New York Hospital Queens
- Charles Safran, MD, MS; Chief, Division of Clinical Informatics, Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians
- Greg Shorr, MD; CMIO, Rover Technologies, LLC.
- Jonathan Teich, MD, PhD; CMIO Elsevier
- Adam Wright, PhD; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Senior Scientist, Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital
The AMDIS Fall Symposium is being exclusively sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant from ClinicalKey | Elsevier. For more information, please visit www.ClinicalKey.com
Sign up today, per person rates and student and group discounts available.
Founded in 1997, the Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems is the premier professional organization for physicians interested in and responsible for healthcare information technology. AMDIS members are the thought leaders, decision makers and opinion influencers dedicated to advancing the field of Applied Medical Informatics and thereby improving the practice of medicine. Visit AMDIS at www.AMDIS.org
For more information, contact:
Sarah Scudere, Marketing Manager
TriMed Media Group