Assured Automation's FM Fire-Safe Fusible Link Manual Shutoff Valves Protect Refineries and Chemical Processors from Fire Hazards Unlike other thermal shutoffs, this unique assembly requires minimal maintenance and lasts for many years
CLARK, N.J., April 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The FM Fire-Safe Shutoff assemblies from Assured Automation are API 607 and Factory Mutual approved for flammable liquids, and are commonly used to:
- Activate sprinkler systems to control fire, and
- To shut down hazardous lines when fire occurs
These valve and fusible link assemblies include manually operated ball or butterfly valves. If a fire occurs, the thermal link either automatically stops the flow of flammable liquids (in a normally open configuration) – or opens flow to release a fire retardant or divert the flammable material (a normally closed configuration). The assembly is unique in the industry and requires little to no maintenance, since its U.L. listed fusible links are installed with a lever design – rather than bearing 100% of the spring tension. Using this design, the FM Fire-Safe's fusible link holds up to many years of use and, unlike other thermal shutoffs in the market, does not need to be replaced on an annual basis.
The FM Fire-Safe is also available with an electro-thermal link (ETL) which is compatible with most smoke or gas detectors. The operating range for the electro thermal link is 6-30 VAC, or 6-30 VAC, and requires less than 0.2 amperes of power, 0.5 milliseconds at 24 volts. The electro-thermal option is used with fuel and combustion control applications, combustion safeguards, and electro-signaling systems that are heat activated, smoke or gas activated, flame-energy activated, or activated by rate of rise or maximum temperature.
A unique, removable handle allows the valve to manually operated locally or remotely from over 30 feet without affecting the fusible links. The removable handle prevents injury or damage from the high-powered quick acting handle in the event of fire actuation.
Assured Automation makes it easy to select the FM Fire-Safe configuration that meets each particular application's requirements through its online configurator. Using the Assured Automation configurator, mechanical engineers can choose among the following options:
- 3 Piece Ball Valves, Standard Port
- Flanged Ball Valves, Standard or Full Port
- Butterfly Valves, Lug or Wafer connections
- NPT, Socket & Butt-Weld ½" - 2½" Ball Valve
- Flanged Ball Valve ½" - 4"
- 150# Flange (female), 300# Flange Ball Valve
- Wafer, Lug Butterfly valve
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
Thermal or Electro-Thermal Link trigger temperatures
- 165°F (74°C) U.L. listed Thermal link
- 212°F (100°C) U.L. listed Thermal link
- 286°F (141°C) U.L. listed Thermal link
- 360°F (182°C) U.L. listed Thermal link
- 500°F (260°C) U.L. listed Thermal link
- Electro & 165°F (74°C) U.L. listed Thermal link (Indoor Only)
- Electro & 212°F (100°C) Thermal link (Indoor Only)
- Normally Open (fail to close)
- Normally Closed (fail to open)
- NEMA 4/4X , Weatherproof, Intrinsically safe, SPST , NO, Red LED
- NEMA 4/4X /7 Weatherproof , Explosion proof, SPDT
The online configurator provides a part number and a quote, which can be saved, printed, emailed, or processed for purchase.
About Assured Automation
Assured Automation is a privately held company that sells automated valves, actuators, flow meters, and valve accessories. For more information contact Assured Automation at 800-899-0553, by e-mail at email@example.com or visit http://assuredautomation.com
(732) 713-3385 (cell)
Read more news from Assured Automation.
SOURCE Assured Automation