NORTHBROOK, Ill., May 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Astellas today debuts its Americas Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report Card 2015 along with its new Social Responsibility platform of Living SMART – a strategic initiative dedicated to helping communities access the resources they need to flourish and face the future with confidence.
In the Company's first-ever Americas CSR Report Card, at www.Astellas.us/CSR, Astellas shares highlights of company-sponsored philanthropic and volunteer support in Brazil, Canada and the United States. This resource measures the company's impact across multiple dimensions including access to healthcare, math and science education, environmental commitments and employee volunteerism.
"Our commitment to the community is just as important as the medicines we manufacture," said James Robinson, president, Astellas Americas. "Through Astellas community-focused work, we are acting on our corporate mission of changing tomorrow by creating sustainable social and economic value in the community."
The Americas CSR Report Card, captures multiple measures including:
- Volunteering -- In 2015, Astellas employees volunteered 10,200+ hours at community-based organizations to support more than 6,200 patients and 2,600 veterans.
- Connecting with Patients – Our annual Patient Advocacy Summit gathers more than 100 patient advocacy leaders to discuss some of the pressing issues confronting medical innovation and patient access to quality care.
- Sustaining Resources – In one year, Astellas diverted 41 percent of waste from landfill, conserving enough gasoline to drive once around the planet.
Astellas Awards and Recognition
Astellas focus on sustainability in the Americas has resulted in a number of awards including:
- Newsweek's 2015 Green Rankings
- Professional Women's Magazine Top Employers for Women in STEM
- Hispanic Network Magazine Top STEM Employers
- 2015 Forbes Magazine America's Best Employers
- 2015 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2015 and 2016
- Great Places to Work awards in Canada and Brazil
Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.us. You can also follow us on Twitter at @AstellasUS, Facebook at www.facebook.com/AstellasUS or LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/astellas-pharma.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/astellas-commitment-to-creating-sustainable-community-impact-highlighted-in-americas-corporate-social-responsibility-report-card-2015-300272228.html