ATA Honors State Trucking Association Executives
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, American Trucking Associations honored eight state trucking association executives with individual service awards. The eight state executives have a combined total of 105 years of service, during the federation's annual Management Conference & Exhibition.
"The Trucking Association Executives Council service awards are a long-standing tradition of the ATA Federation," said ATA President and CEO Bill Graves . "These awards recognize the importance of the state trucking associations and the executives to the overall trucking industry, but especially honor the dedication, hard work and tenacity each one of them possesses."
The TAEC members recognized included:
- Mike Riley , president, Motor Transport Association of Connecticut – 25 Years of Service
- Lane Kidd , president, Arkansas Trucking Association and Jim Runk , president and CEO, Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association – 20 Years of Service
- Dave Creer , executive director, Utah Trucking Association – 15 Years of Service
- Dan Case , executive director, Oklahoma Trucking Association – 10 Years of Service
- Kathy Fowers , president, Idaho Trucking Association; Jamie Fiepke , president & CEO, Kentucky Motor Transport Association and David Roberts , president, Mississippi Trucking Association – 5 Years of Service
New Mexico Trucking Association Managing Director Vic Sheppard was also recognized for his 26 years of service to the trucking industry. Sheppard is retiring at the end of the year. Dave Creer , a 15-year service award recipient, will be retiring at the end of the month.
The Trucking Association Executives Council is comprised of staff executives of state trucking associations and conferences affiliated with the American Trucking Associations. TAEC serves to promote the trucking industry; contribute to the improvement of the associations and organizations established to serve the trucking industry; and advance the professional stature and capabilities of the managers and executives of such associations.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation's freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Good stuff. Trucks Bring It!
SOURCE American Trucking Associations
More by this Source
ATA Praises NTSB Effort to Reduce Impaired Driving, Urges Further Action
May 14, 2013, 14:37 ET
ATA Launches LEAD ATA Program for Young Trucking Executives
May 06, 2013, 15:22 ET
American Trucking Associations Debuts Revamped trucking.org Website
May 01, 2013, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.