ATC Global Excellence Awards 2013 - Deadline Extended
LONDON, November 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The ATC Global Excellence Awards, in association with Air Traffic Management magazine, have seen a huge response from across the industry. Due to this popular demand organisers of the awards have decided to extend the deadline for entries to Friday 23rd November 2012.
The ATC Global Excellence Awards will recognise exceptional leadership and outstanding contributions by individuals and organisations. The winners will be announced at the 23rd ATC Global Conference and Exhibition in Amsterdam at an awards ceremony on the evening of Tuesday 12th March 2013.
The Award Ceremony will be held as part of a VIP Gala Dinner in the Grand Elicium Ball Room at the Amsterdam RAI. In 2012 the ATC Global VIP Dinner proved a huge success with the attendance of 350 senior industry representatives and an inspirational speech by the astronaut, Buzz Aldrin.
Paula Milburn, ATC Global Director, said, "These Awards are designed to reflect excellence across the entire industry: Air Navigation Service Providers, technology providers, aircraft operators, airports and large-scale industry partnerships will be judged in ten separate categories designed to reflect the changing priorities within the industry. The Excellence Awards will be the first to recognise individuals for their lasting commitment to the industry, with one award uniquely being chosen through an ATM community vote."
Milburn continued, "The standard of entries to date has been very high, with a larger than expected number of submissions from across the industry. We have chosen to extend the deadline to ensure everyone has a chance to take part in this exceptional evening in March 2013. From the high-level of entrants we have already received we are certain that the prestigious independent Judging Panel will have some very difficult choices to make."
The shortlist for Award categories will be announced in early December.
Go to http://www.atcglobalhub.com/awards for more information about the awards and entry forms. The full list of award categories is as follows:
- ANSP International Partnership of the Year - Recognising ANSP collaboration across borders to yield efficiency in areas such as joint procurement, operations, staffing, training and system capacity and efficiency.
- Industry Partnership of the Year - Recognising where collaboration between stakeholders has delivered a positive outcome in addressing a key challenge.
- Safety Leadership of the Year - Recognising initiatives that have enhanced ATM safety. Recognising the ANSP, Aircraft Operator, Airport, Technology Provider or other relevant organisation that has done the most to enhance ATM safety performance.
- Excellence in ANSP Management (Europe and North America) - Recognising initiatives by a European or North American ANSP leading to improvements in service, operational delivery and/or performance.
- Excellence in ANSP Management (outside Europe and North America) - Recognising initiatives by an ANSP from outside Europe and North America that have led to improvements in service, operational delivery and/or performance.
- Outstanding contribution to the next generation of ATM - Recognising the achievements of a technology supplier or technology led project that has resulted in enhanced ATM performance or transformation.
- Environmental Award - Recognising contributions by an organisation or group of organisations to the creation, development and implementation of measures that have produced environmental benefits.
- The Air Traffic Management Magazine Atlantic Award - Recognising excellence in the application of next generation satellite-based navigation technology.
- Executive Leadership Award - a combined vote from judges and the ATM community - Recognising exceptional leadership and contribution to the industry by an individual.
- Strategic Advancement in Air Transport Award - Recognising a lasting contribution of an individual or organisation to the strategic advancement of air transport.
Follow us online at:
Notes to Editors:
About ATC Global:
ATC Global has been uniting the entire ATM industry annually since 1990. It provides an independent and impartial marketplace for ATM businesses from every region, small and large and regardless of affiliation. It brings together the broadest range of regulatory bodies, ANSPs, industry organisations and suppliers to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships.
The ATC Global conference agenda is set by an Advisory Board made up of senior decision-makers from throughout the industry, determining the right discussions for the whole of the industry. The conference and workshops examine a wide range of topics, with speakers drawn from all sections of the ATM community.
ATC Global currently holds its annual event at the Amsterdam RAI. It is a subsidiary of the global B2B communications and marketing provider UBM, now a finalist for the 2012 Haymarket Event Awards.
For further information go to http://www.atcglobalhub.com
About UBM Live:
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premier brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
For further information go to http://www.ubmlive.com
About Air Traffic Management Magazine:
Air Traffic Management is the only dedicated publication to serve the information needs of the ATM and CNS community. Published quarterly, it is widely respected as the only magazine and news service that details accurately and impartially the latest trends and news of the industry. More recently, http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net has been launched, providing the industry with the latest news, events, recruitment services and the most comprehensive supplier directory freely available.
SOURCE UBM Live