ATC Global Moves to China for 2014
LONDON, September 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading annual event for the ATC community will be held in China for the first time
UBM, the organisers of ATC Global, today announced that the ATC Global Conference and Exhibition will be held in the capital of China for the very first time in 2014.
Taking place from 17-19 September at the China National Convention Center (CNCC) in Beijing, ATC Global will once again unite the international Air Traffic Management (ATM) community for three days of business and networking, and will also facilitate high-level discussions around common industry issues.
Hosting ATC Global in China for the very first time reflects the growing importance that the region plays within the aviation industry as a key transport hub, both regionally and internationally whilst also recognising its strategic location between Europe and the America's.
Paula Milburn, Development Director - Aviation for UBM, explains; "We have been monitoring the global market with an eye on Asia for several years and have spent the last two years conducting in depth research whilst also establishing relationships that will underpin the next chapter in the development of ATC Global. Over the last 23 years the event has achieved strong growth and international reach from its regional roots in Europe. As the show continues to expand, the new location of Beijing will assist in bringing the global ATM community together to seek solutions to the current challenges facing the industry and to conduct business."
UBM is working closely with the government and relevant authorities in China and the event has the support and backing of the ATMB CAAC. An Advisory Board comprising of senior representatives from the ATMB CAAC and the international ATM community will steer the event and help to ensure that it best reflects the needs of the industry.
According to CAPA aviation is a key sector in driving China's economic strategy and as such US$230 billion has been committed to developing civil aviation as part of the current 5 year plan.
Mr. Wang Liya, Director General of ATMB, added: "We are delighted that the ATC Global Conference and Exhibition 2014 will take place in Beijing. We have attended the show for the past few years and feel that this is a great event that serves the ATM community well. ATMB look forward to working closely with the ATC Global team and other senior stakeholders within the industry to create a truly global event that covers all the key issues surrounding this dynamic sector along with exploring the crucial role the this region will play in this."
UBM plc is one of the world's leading international events-led marketing services companies, ATC Global is a key component within its Aviation offering that also includes the Airport Cities and Routes events. ATC Global is committed to supporting ANSP's and ATM industry suppliers, investing annually to ensure that each year the key event offers industry wide benefits and is seen as a world leader for the ATM industry.
ATC Global's inaugural edition in Beijing will benefit from UBM's experience and expertise as the largest international trade event organiser in China. UBM organises a growing portfolio of more than 60 exhibitions and conferences from its network of offices based in China's major cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
About ATC Global
ATC Global is the place for the international ATM community to do business.
- Founded in 1990, the event brings together buyers and sellers from across the globe, accelerating the procurement process contributing to the implementation and deployment of major ATM projects.
- The ATC Global team proactively seeks out procurement personnel from traditionally inaccessible markets who are actively sourcing ATM products and services, and facilitate buyer-seller meetings for all in attendance.
- ATC Global is a three day event comprising a world-leading exhibition, high-level conference programme, hosted buyer scheme, networking receptions, extensive free educational content and the ATC Global Excellence Awards and Gala Dinner.
About UBM Plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.UBM.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBMNews for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE ATC Global
More by this Source
ATC Global Moves to China for 2014
Sep 23, 2013, 06:59 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.