ATEME Unveils Latest Technology Advancements in Video Compression at IBC 2013 Company Delivers Advanced High Performance, HEVC-Ready Hardware and Software Solutions
AMSTERDAM, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (RAI International Broadcasting Convention, Hall One, Stand 1.D71), ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, today announced enhancements to its product portfolio. As a leading R&D company in the video compression market, ATEME continues to deliver products that support the latest in advanced compression technology, including High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and Ultra High Definition Television (UHDTV) 4K.
- Kyrion CM5000 – ATEME's high performance encoder for contribution and distribution links is based on the company's unique FPGA design, permitting complete software upgradeability from SD to HD or 4:2:0 to 4:2:2.
- Gen5 firmware provides a new video encoding core algorithm that revolutionizes video quality at a very low latency, thus ensuring a new level of experience even with critical delay applications such as full duplex interviews and sports coverage.
- Operational optimization through new features such as audio activity, VU-meters on the front panel confidence monitor and a Graphical User Interface that provides operators with the ability to easily monitor audio signal activity.
- Seamless Channel Insertion™ (SCI), a solution for video multiplex operators that is based on the open-standard/non-proprietary "Piecewise CBR" control rate mode, allowing broadcast contribution network operators to smoothly insert or remove channels in a multi-program transport system.
- Zixi technology integration provides not only reliable video transmissions over the "Open Internet" but also dynamically manages the video bitrate according to network conditions.
- Kyrion DR5000 – ATEME's latest integrated receiver decoder, dedicated to professional contribution over satellite and IP / ASI networks.
- Common Interface option now enables the IRD to embed two Conditional Access Modules, with descrambling of any conditional access vendor system supporting the DVB-CI standard, offering multi-service descrambling and IP MPTS output forwarding.
- Allows all operators along the contribution chain to monitor encrypted signals. Live content originators, master control room directors and direct-to-home operators are now able to monitor the signal whether it is scrambled or not.
- Kyrion DR8400 – The industry's first IRD to fully support HEVC, this versatile and universal decoder features an ultra-powerful processing engine for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video. The IRD is tolerant of all formats and brands of encoders.
- Full support for HEVC decoding.
- Zixi integration provides reliable video transmissions over the "Open Internet".
- TITAN File Transcoder – A carrier-grade software video transcoding solution dedicated to multi-screen delivery of Video On Demand.
- Now supports HEVC output for any type of file transcoding, from mobile resolution to UHDTV 4K high frame rate video.
- TITAN Live Transcoder – ATEME's real-time multi-channel/format encoder/ transcoder for multi-screen delivery of linear channels (TV, mobile, and web).
- Supports all use cases for the ingest and processing of linear channels, including IP/compressed and SDI/uncompressed video inputs that can be combined in the same chassis. This feature provides multi-screen delivery in any format IN and any format OUT providing a next generation TV Head-End delivery stream to any screen on any network: IPTV, Cable, Satellite, Terrestrial and OTT
- A technical game changer as the first device to provide SDI inputs on a carrier-grade Intel platform within a scalable blade server.
- Now supports HEVC output for real-time transcoding up to HD resolution.
- In conjunction with its work on the 4EVER Project, ATEME will demonstrate UHDTV 4K, including stunning pictures of the new format, and HEVC compression for a variety of screens. Executives and engineers will be available to provide unique insights into the first live HEVC end-to-end trial that took place in June at the French Tennis Open.
Michel Artières, CEO, ATEME, said:
"To prepare our clients for the next generation of compression technology, we strive to ensure that our equipment is future-proof, reliable and incorporates the most recent innovations in the industry. We are proud to be able to demonstrate the results of our research and development efforts at this global event."
ATEME is a world leader in HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for live broadcast contribution links, fulltime distribution services, non-linear file and live video streaming solutions for OTT, IPTV and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
CONTACT: Kim Dearborn, 831-440-2407, email@example.com