ATEME Welcomes Paul Kosac as VP of Strategic Accounts and Channel Partners
Longtime Sales, Marketing and Business Development Leader Strengthens ATEME's Expansion Into the Americas
WASHINGTON, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, announced today that Paul Kosac, a well known and respected executive in broadcast and media circles, is joining the company as vice president of strategic accounts and channel partners for the Americas, reporting to Mike Antonovich, SVP and general manager, Americas.
- Until now, service providers led the rapid growth of the IP video market. Today, as broadcasters and content owners embrace new delivery models including Over The Top (OTT), this expanding market represents a large part of ATEME's growth potential in the Americas, a region where the company's revenues are increasing at roughly twice the pace seen in Europe.
- Kosac brings more than 25 years of senior leadership experience with companies as diverse as Scientific-Atlanta, Philips, PanAmSat, Cisco and Harmonic.
- For nearly his entire career, Kosac has assisted in the launch of new digital video platforms for major clients across five continents, providing expertise in network and systems development of compressed digital services to leading media companies.
- Leveraging his insight, experience and relationships in critical customer launches, Kosac will assist in the development of strategic broadcaster relationships to provide the guidance required to assist in the transition of their content delivery models as this market continues to expand.
- He will play an integral role in the expansion and development of ATEME's indirect channel partner network in South America and will also be involved in the development of indirect channel go-to-market strategies for, government and broadcast systems integrators in North America.
Michel Artieres, founder, president and CEO, ATEME said:
"ATEME is quickly becoming a well known provider of advanced video encoding and transcoding solutions around the world, with clients in more than 60 countries. The Americas continues to be one of our fastest growing and most important markets, and we are very pleased to have someone of the caliber of Paul Kosac join our growing Americas team."
Mike Antonovich, SVP and GM, Americas for ATEME, said:
"Paul brings more than a quarter-century of industry leadership to ATEME. I have had the pleasure of knowing Paul for a great many years and respect his experience, integrity and strategic vision. He is a great addition to the Americas team and will play an instrumental role in ATEME's market growth."
Paul Kosac, vice president of Strategic Accounts and Channel Partners, ATEME said: "ATEME has earned a sterling industry reputation for being a true market leader in advanced video encoding solutions, from MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and the new HEVC standards-based offerings. I am very excited to be able to join such a great company at such an important period of transition for the major media companies."
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
More by this Source
ATEME Obtains ANATEL Certification for Its DSNG Video Encoders
Dec 03, 2013, 08:00 ET
SIS LIVE Equips New Fleet of Satellite News Gathering Vehicles with ATEME Codecs
Nov 19, 2013, 08:00 ET
Poland's Second Largest Telecom Provider Deploys ATEME's TITAN Live
Sep 16, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.