ATF Offers $10,000 Reward for Information on Armed Robberies
13 Armed Robberies of Philadelphia Area Pharmacies
PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Philadelphia Field Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Special Agent in Charge Sheree L. Mixell announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the armed robbery of 13 pharmacies in the Philadelphia area.
"Individuals who engage in firearms related violence, like armed robberies, threaten public safety. ATF is committed to investigating and removing violent offenders from our communities," said Mixell. "We ask the public to provide any information that would aid investigators in identifying and arresting the person(s) responsible for the armed robbery of these pharmacies."
The joint investigations are being conducted by ATF, the Philadelphia Police Department, the Abington Township Police Department, and the Borough of Glenolden Police Department. The robberies involved the theft of prescription pills and money.
Investigators are seeking the public's assistance with any information that may lead to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the following armed robberies:
1. Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012, approximately 7:10 p.m.: Stanwood Pharmacy, 8035 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia.
2. Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012, approximately 10:00 p.m.: Rite Aid, 1441 Old York Rd, Abington, Pa..
3. Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, approximately 6:00 a.m.: Rite Aid, 12311 Academy Rd., Philadelphia.
4. Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012, approximately 9:45 p.m.: Rite Aid, 327 N. Chester Pike, Glenolden, Pa.
5. Monday, Aug. 6, 2012, approximately 9:40 p.m.: CVS, 7350 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia.
6. Wednesday, Jul. 4, 2012, approximately 4:00 p.m.: Rite Aid, 7941 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia.
7. Saturday, Jun. 23, 2012, approximately 10:10 a.m.: Rite Aid , 8445 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia.
8. Monday, Jun. 11, 2012, approximately 5:20 a.m.: Rite Aid, 6363 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia.
9. Monday, May 21, 2012, approximately 2:30 a.m.: Rite Aid, 2503 Welsh Rd, Philadelphia.
10. Monday, May, 14, 2012, approximately 4:15 a.m.: Rite Aid, 2503 Welsh Rd, Philadelphia.
11. Sunday, Feb.26, 2012, approximately 11:20 a.m.: CVS, 8525 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia.
12. Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012, approximately 7:00 p.m.: Circle Pharmacy, 2852 Holme Ave, Philadelphia.
13. Sunday, Jan. 8, 2012, approximately 9:00 a.m.: CVS, 7350 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia.
Anyone having information about any of the robberies or the identity of the person(s) is asked to call the ATF Hotline at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (1-800-283-4867) or email: ATFTips@atf.gov. Individuals may remain anonymous.
More information on ATF and its programs can be found at www.atf.gov.
Editors Note: Surveillance photos of the robbery suspect(s) are available at www.ATF.gov.
Contact: Special Agent Steven Bartholomew
SOURCE Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives