NEW YORK, May 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Alexa Hampton and ATGStores.com announce the arrival of Alexa Hampton Lighting for Visual Comfort. Hampton serves as the style guru for ATGStores.com and consults on their product offerings, shopper experience and creative direction. Below, please find Hampton's top tips for considering lighting when designing your house—from several things to avoid to practical advice that can be applied to any home.
- Lighting affects your mood. Because moods are ever changing and differ from person to person, it's nice to have lighting on a dimmer. Dimmers are the low-tech answer to addressing everyone's lighting preferences.
- Consider a layered lighting scheme using lamplights, uplights, downlights and sconces. Overhead lighting on its own can be a sad experience. To inject some decorative value, get a colored shade. They are fun and stylish.
- Chandelier size can be tricky for people to figure out. A rule of thumb I use is to take the width of the room in feet, double the number, convert to inches and that is the minimum dimension for your chandelier's diameter.
- For bedside lighting, I often use swing-arm sconces. They take up no room on the bedside table, and if you're reading in bed, it's the perfect way to illuminate the pages of a book.
- I love sconce light. It's a nice, flattering height – you don't get any of those ghoulish shadows you see with overhead lighting.
ATGStores.com, a Lowe's company since 2011, provides quality, affordable home goods and design solutions to help consumers transform their houses into homes, from concept to completion. With more than two million products ranging from lighting and plumbing to furniture and hardware, and an inspiring collection of home furnishings, interactive decorating tools and expert design advice, ATGStores.com offers all that's good for the home. To learn more, visit https://www.atgstores.com
About Alexa Hampton
Under owner and designer Alexa Hampton's direction, the world famous firm Mark Hampton LLC has completed a wide range of designs for domestic and international projects. A perennial member of Architectural Digest's AD100 and House Beautiful's Top Designer list as well as a member of Elle Décor's A-list, Hampton's work is classic, traditional and eclectic. Her involvement in design goes far past her position as President and featured designer of Mark Hampton LLC; she is on the board of trustees for the New York School of Interior Design, the New York Landmarks Conservancy and the Institute for Classical Architecture.
Hampton also has a growing stable of acclaimed products for the home. These include fabrics and trims for Kravet Inc., her own furniture line for Hickory Chair Co., its sister furniture line at Kravet, carpets for Stark Carpet, lighting for Visual Comfort & Co., accessories for Maitland Smith and mantels for Chesney's. Hampton is also the author of the critically praised books The Language of Interior Design, and Decorating in Detail. She lives in NY with her husband and three children. To learn more, visit http://www.markhampton.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atgstorescom-launches-alexa-hampton-for-visual-comfort-300272401.html