Atlantic Trust Launches GenNext Initiative, Hosting Inaugural Multi-Generational Summit Wealth creators and owners across multiple generations gathered to discuss their families' wealth, future leaders and legacy.
ATLANTA, Dec.18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Trust, the private wealth management division of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ), hosted its inaugural Invest for the Future and GenNext Summit in Boston on December 6-7, 2012. This event engaged multiple generations of the firm's client families, with more than 75 family members from 42 cities across 15 states in attendance. Sessions ran concurrently for:
- Primary and second generation wealth creators and owners, those with established families and careers, who participated in the Invest for the Future sessions, and
- Next generation wealth owners and young leaders in their 20's and 30's, who participated in the GenNext sessions.
Atlantic Trust assembled speakers across an array of disciplines—bringing together 19 external investment managers and family wealth experts, along with 20 internal experts—to present compelling, timely insights. Invest for the Future session topics ranged from investment risks and opportunities in developed and emerging economies, enhanced yield, energy and the life sciences to wealth transfer and family legacy planning. The GenNext session offered an interactive, intellectually stimulating curriculum, engaging next generation wealth owners in financial and leadership education—the kind that addressed their specific needs and interests.
"A remarkable wealth transition is occurring, with an estimated $30 trillion changing hands from one generation to the next over the coming 30 years*," said Chairman and CEO Jack Markwalter. "This conference officially launched Atlantic Trust's GenNext initiative, through which the firm will partner with client families to help prepare the next generation to steward, contribute to and carry on the family's wealth, heritage, values and legacy."
Invest for the Future and GenNext Summit Featured Speakers
Hosted by Atlantic Trust Chairman and CEO Jack Markwalter, Chief Investment Officer David Donabedian and Chief Fiduciary Officer Linda Beerman, the Summit featured:
- Paul Appleby, CFA, Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income's Leveraged Finance Team, Prudential Fixed Income
- Patricia Bannan, CFA, Managing Director and Co-Manager, Disciplined Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Cathy Becker, CFA, Vice President and Senior Investment Analyst, Mid-Cap Growth Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Edward Bunn, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Scott Burg, CFA, CAIA, Multi-Manager Investment Program Senior Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Charles de Vaulx, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager, International Value Advisers
- Timothy Delaney, Senior Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Vilas Dhar, Partner, Dhar Law LLP
- Juan Enriquez, Managing Director, Excel Venture Management
- Martina Frangis, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Ric Fulop, General Partner, North Bridge Venture Partners
- Sharna Goldseker, Managing Director, 21/64
- James Grubman, PhD, FamilyWealth Consulting
- John Hillen, PhD, President and CEO, Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.
- Kevin Kenny, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Emerging Sovereign Group
- Douglas Kimmelman, Senior Partner, Energy Capital Partners
- Alexander Kozhemiakin, PhD, CFA, Managing Director of Emerging Markets Strategies, Standish Mellon Asset Management
- Christopher Lanouette, CFA, Managing Director and Fixed Income Trader, Atlantic Trust
- Andrew Laperriere, CFA, Senior Managing Director, International Strategy and Investment Group
- Christine Lucero, CFP®, Senior Vice President and Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- Paul McPheeters, CFA, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, MLP Strategies, Atlantic Trust
- Paulina Mejia, Managing Director and Senior Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- Peter Newell, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Advisor, Vontobel Asset Management
- Howard Newman, President and CEO, Pine Brook Partners
- David O'Neil, Founder, Story Trust
- Jay Pearlstein, CFA, Managing Director and Co-Manager, Mid-Cap Growth Equity Strategy, Atlantic Trust
- Jigar Patel, CFA, Senior Vice President and Multi-Manager Investment Program Hedge Fund Senior Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Gary Pzegeo, CFA, Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income, Atlantic Trust
- Bryan Reilly, Senior Vice President and Senior Investment Analyst, Atlantic Trust
- Ellen Remmer, President and CEO, The Philanthropic Initiative
- Eric Riak, CFP®, Managing Director and Senior Relationship Manager, Atlantic Trust
- Judith Saxe, Managing Director and Senior Wealth Strategist, Atlantic Trust
- David Scott Sloan, Partner, Holland & Knight
- Bas Solleveld, Vice President, Atlantic Trust
- Philip Tasho, CFA, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, TAMRO Capital Partners
- Julia Travers, GenNext Consultant
*Accenture, "The 'Greater' Wealth Transfer: Capitalizing on the Intergenerational Shift in Wealth," 2012.
About Atlantic Trust
Atlantic Trust is one of the nation's leading private wealth management firms, offering integrated wealth management for high net worth individuals, families, foundations and endowments. The firm considers clients' financial, trust, estate planning and philanthropic needs in developing customized asset allocation and investment management solutions. Experienced professionals deliver a broad range of offerings, including proprietary investment strategies and a robust open architecture platform of traditional and alternative managers. Atlantic Trust operates in 12 full-service locations throughout the U.S. With $20.0 billion in AUM (as of November 30, 2012), Atlantic Trust is the private wealth management division of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ). For more information, visit www.atlantictrust.com.
About Invesco Ltd.
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our retail, institutional and high net worth clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ. Additional information is available at www.invesco.com.
SOURCE Atlantic Trust