Atlas Genetics Annual Summary 2013 A year of significant progress
BATH, England, February 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Atlas Genetics Ltd ("Atlas" or the "Company"), developer of innovative, ultra-rapid diagnostics to enable a 'test and treat' solution to infectious diseases, today announces its Annual Summary for 2013.
- Successful clinical evaluations of our Gonorrhoea and Trichomonas vaginalis tests add to the existing clinical data for the Chlamydia test
- Menu development to include new tests for infectious diseases and broadening the utility of the io™ platform into additional areas
- Successful completion of the first phase of ISO 13485 accreditation process
- The io™ Reader is now ready for volume manufacture
- Expansion of our senior executive team to take the Company through to the next stages of product development and commercialisation
- Continued support from existing consortium of highly respected investors
John Clarkson, CEO of Atlas Genetics, said: "In 2013, we have simultaneously progressed our platform technology whilst preparing the business for clinical trials and then commercial launch. With these building blocks in place, we look forward to 2014 with great excitement. In the coming year, we will be able to manufacture the io™ Reader and Cartridge at commercial scale and plan to have a CE mark for the io™ system. We are also aiming for approval for our first test, Chlamydia, around the end of the year."
"The platform brings the sensitivity and accuracy of laboratory testing to the Point-of-Care setting. Delivered through a low-cost, easy-to-use and fully automated system, it is capable of providing nucleic acid and immunoassay chemistry testing on a single instrument. The multiplex capacity of the underpinning technology enables multiple diseases to be tested from a single patient sample."
For the full Annual Summary, please go to: http://www.atlasgenetics.com
SOURCE Atlas Genetics Ltd.