Atmel Nominated for 2012 Makey Award; AVR Co-Inventor Alf-Egil Bogen to Keynote at World Maker Faire NY
Winners for Atmel University's Robotics Contest Announced on Saturday, September 29; Company Showcases Latest Arduino Boards Powered by Atmel AVR and ARM Processor-based MCUs
Visit Atmel Booth #8 in the Arduino Pavilion
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atmel® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller and touch solutions, today announced that Alf-Egil Bogen , Atmel AVR® microcontroller co-inventor, will deliver a keynote address at the World Maker Faire 2012 held at the New York Hall of Science in Queens, New York, September 29-30, 2012. The company has also been nominated for a 2012 Makey Award for its commitment to the fast-growing Arduino community.
Atmel will share its exhibition space with the Arduino community, highlighting the long-standing collaborative relationship between the two entities. You can find Atmel in booth #8 in the Arduino Pavilion.
As a Silversmith sponsor of this year's event, Atmel will be participating in a number of activities:
- Bogen will be a keynote speaker at 1:00 pm ET on Saturday, September 29, at the New York Hall of Science Auditorium. His talk, entitled "Fueling Technology Leadership with Passion and Great Ideas," will focus on the creation of the megaAVR® devices, the hardware heart of the Arduino movement. He'll share the stage with Massimo Banzi , co-founder of the Arduino Project.
- Five finalists for the Atmel Robotics Contest, sponsored by the Atmel University Program, will vie for prizes as they demonstrate their robotic creations from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET on Saturday, September 29; three winners will be announced at 12:00 pm ET. Teams were challenged to bring Mel, the University Program mascot, to life. Winners will be judged on how well their robots can perform the simple tasks of sorting objects and navigating through a maze, as well as on the uniqueness and elegance of robot design.
- Atmel will also be showcasing Arduino's latest boards, including:
- Arduino Due – based on an Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M3 processor-based MCU, this board is ideal for home automation projects and can run up to 96MHz.
- Arduino Uno – based on the Atmel megaAVR ATmega328 MCU, this board features all the necessary components to get started with a design, including 14 digital I/O pins, 6 analog inputs, a 16MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
- Arduino Leonardo – based on the megaAVR ATmega32U4, this low-cost Arduino board has the same shape and connectors as the Uno but with a simpler circuit. For software, this board includes a USB driver that can simulate a mouse, a keyboard and a serial port.
To learn more about Atmel's attendance at World Maker Faire, visit: http://www.atmel.com/microsite/wmf2012/.
Atmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
©2012 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof, AVR®, megaAVR®, and others are registered trademarks, and others are trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. ARM® and Cortex™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of ARM Ltd. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Agnes Toan, PR Manager
SOURCE Atmel Corporation
More by this Source
Atmel Confirms Appointment of Steve Skaggs as Permanent Chief Financial Officer
May 22, 2013, 00:01 ET
Atmel ARM- and AVR-based Microcontrollers Power Secret Labs' Ultra-low-power Smart Watch
May 21, 2013, 08:00 ET
Atmel Receives Best Partner Award from ASUS
May 15, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.