SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AtScale, the first company to provide business users with speed, security and simplicity for BI on Hadoop, announced today that it grew revenue by five-fold in 2015.
"AtScale's progress marks an important milestone for the BI on Hadoop industry," says Sunil Bopardikar, Senior Vice President of Technology at Quotient Technology Inc., formerly Coupons.com Incorporated. "Most enterprises are seeking a solution to this problem and AtScale's ascension is the proof that they've hit a nerve: allowing users to self-serve to Big Data easily, in the tools they already know, while adhering to stringent enterprise governance standards, in one of the most important steps this industry has seen since its inception."
AtScale is the only company to provide a BI-on-Hadoop software solution that integrates natively with Business Intelligence tools, requires no data movement and works with most SQL on Hadoop engines from Spark, to Hive, to Impala.
To find out how AtScale can help your company, simply go to www.atscale.com/try
A Plug-and-Play Model for BI on Hadoop
Beyond surpassing its 2015 goals, AtScale also announced partnerships with major Business Intelligence vendors making the transition to this new data era as easy as possible. AtScale supports most Business Intelligence tools from Tableau to Microsoft Excel, both via SQL and MDX. It does so without requiring any additional client downloads or server agents.
Jerry Yang, founding partner AME Cloud Ventures, Yahoo! Co-founder and investor in AtScale explains: "AtScale is taking off because its solution gives enterprises a plug-and-play model for their existing BI tools and data platforms in Hadoop, on-premise and in the cloud. AtScale achieved product market fit quickly because it is solving a challenging BI problem that every enterprise, whatever their stack, is facing today or in the near future."
The company's success is a testament to its founders' vision and experience. Dave Mariani, AtScale CEO and co-founder, ran Big Data at Yahoo! and Klout. His team managed a 200+ node Cloudera cluster and connected a trillion row Hive data warehouse to hundreds of Tableau, Excel and MicroStrategy users: "We didn't build this company on a hunch," he says,"We experienced the pain at a large scale. The market badly needed a better answer."
Since the company launched in 2013, the team has been focused on building an enterprise-grade solution that exhibits superior architecture and sits on key patent-pending assets. At present, the AtScale Intelligence Platform latest version has only been available for purchase for a little over a quarter. The product's fast market adoption makes AtScale one of the fastest growing technology companies in its space.
A Tipping Point for Enterprise Data
AtScale's rapid ascension across a wide array of industries from healthcare, to telecommunications, to retail and financial services points to larger trend impacting the Big Data and Analytics market, which IDC valued at $122B in 2015:
- Enterprises have now found effective ways to store large amounts of data at a low cost, in the cloud and on-premises. New enterprise projects are awarded to Hadoop and Cloud database companies who have been growing at triple-digit pace, while traditional database vendors have plateaued or are shrinking.
- Business users' insatiable appetite for analysis is requiring IT to build more agile analytics solutions on Big Data. However most Business Intelligence tools cannot connect elegantly to Big Data. As a result, close to 2/3rds of all data within an enterprise goes unused for business intelligence and analytics.
AtScale's value proposition sits at the intersection of a growing need for insights and the changing database market.
"Up until now, the way enterprises connected current visualization tools to this changing and heterogeneous data ecosystem, was to build new BI stacks or move data around. Each reduced agility, increased cost and engendered users' dissatisfaction," said Mariani. "In 2015, we showed that there is a new way to marry the old with the new: it's the AtScale Way."
- AtScale releases industry's first BI-on-Hadoop Benchmark of Impala, Spark & Hive.
- AtScale announced a partnership with Tableau to deliver the industry's first "BI on Hadoop" Accelerator.
- AtScale launched the AtScale Intelligence Platform 3.0, introducing the industry's first Adaptive Cache™ technology for BI on Hadoop (quoted as "one of the most meaningful breakthroughs in this space")
- Microsoft teamed up with AtScale to offer Big Data analytics in the Cloud on HDInsight.
- AtScale initiated work with Avanade, a firm that has one of the largest Business Intelligence practices in the industry with more than 25,000 professionals in 70 locations and 22 countries.
- AtScale released the industry's largest Hadoop Maturity Survey in partnership with Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Tableau. The survey revealed that more than three quarters of respondents said they planned to do more with Hadoop in the next three months.
- AtScale earned awards for "Coolest Big Data Startup," "Top Emerging Vendor You Need to Know" as well as "Top Enterprise Startup to bet your career on in 2016."
- AtScale expanded operations to Eastern U.S. and Europe under VP David Whitwell. Whitwell is an industry powerhouse who helped Cloudera acquire some of the largest financial services in the world as customers and doubled its business reach in Europe.
- AtScale appointed Robert DeMartino as VP of Sales, a key figure in the data analytics and computing world for nearly three decades.
- AtScale appointed Bruno Aziza as Chief Marketing Officer, Big Data Veteran, former BusinessObjects/SAP and Microsoft executive.
- AtScale secured a Series A funding led by UMC Capital, with participation from AME Ventures as well as Storm Ventures and XSeed Capital. Investors include Amr Awadallah (Cloudera's co-founder) and Jerry Yang (Yahoo! co-founder). Advisors include Mike Franklin, Director at the AMPLab, credited for many industry-changing open source software such as Spark.
To find out more about how AtScale works, simply go to www.atscale.com/try
AtScale makes BI work on Hadoop. With AtScale, business users get interactive and multi-dimensional analysis capabilities, directly on Hadoop, at maximum speed, using the tools they already know, own and love – from Microsoft Excel to Tableau Software to QlikView. Built by Big Data Veterans from Yahoo!, Google and Oracle, AtScale is already enabling the BI on Hadoop revolution at major corporations across healthcare, telecommunications, retail and online industries. To see how AtScale can help you, go to www.atscale.com/try