AT&T Expands Enhanced Push-to-Talk Capabilities, Including New Workforce Management Features Multiple Industries Using PTT to Improve Efficiency of Onsite Communication
DALLAS, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today announced it will be adding dispatch features to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk (Enhanced PTT) that enable workforce management functionality as part of its push-to-talk solution.
The new workforce management functionality allows businesses to map the location of company-issued Enhanced PTT devices on desktop software in near-real time, as well as monitor push-to-talk activity and record conversations of employees using company-issued Enhanced PTT devices. These features can help dispatch supervisors better manage their entire team online.
Other new AT&T Enhanced PTT features available for Android devices include:
- Users can read missed call alerts, personal notifications, and return Enhanced PTT calls, all without unlocking the screen.
- Users have the option of setting a "home" talk group to hear only the calls on that group by default.
- Support for Enhanced PTT on non-cellular and Wi-Fi only devices in addition to existing smart phones.
AT&T also provides the ability for Enhanced PTT to interoperate with traditional two-way radios or other push-to-talk systems. 1 This allows companies to link together multiple PTT networks for voice communications and easily integrate with older systems.
AT&T Enhanced PTT offers companies the largest selection of push-to-talk devices, capabilities on most major mobile operating systems, and Wi-Fi connectivity for U.S. based customers.
Businesses and Organizations Improve Productivity with AT&T Enhanced PTT
"We provide game-changing mobile solutions that transform the way companies conduct business," said Mike Troiano, Vice President, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. "AT&T Enhanced PTT allows workers to quickly communicate in fast-paced environments. As a result, businesses can operate more efficiently and ultimately deliver better customer service to clients."
A few recent examples of AT&T Enhanced PTT customers include:
- For Jet Express, a U.S. transportation company for the automotive industry that handles up to 400 truckloads per day, AT&T Enhanced PTT enables the dispatch to deliver short, audible messages to drivers at times when a phone call or text is not advisable. "When our drivers are on the road, we need to be able communicate with them in a way that won't compromise their safety and complies with various state regulations," said Kevin Burch, President of Jet Express, Inc. and Vice Chairman of American Trucking Association (ATA). "We've used other push-to-talk solutions in the past but struggled with the latency. AT&T Enhanced PTT gives us the instant communication we need."
- With 12 schools and over 7,000 students, safety is a priority for Boerne ISD, a K-12 district outside of San Antonio, Texas. The school's administrators and bus drivers use AT&T Enhanced PTT to efficiently communicate with each other and external departments, including the police department, in the event of a crisis, disaster, or emergency. "Boerne ISD is one of the first districts in the state of Texas to be able to communicate via Enhanced PTT with the local police department," said Craig Radtke, Director of Personnel & Legal Affairs, Boerne ISD. "Communication is critical in the event of an emergency, and AT&T understands the importance of an efficient and reliable communication system in an education setting."
- Seattle-based SSA Marine is a major logistics company managing both cargo and cruise ships at ports, terminals and docks all across the world. Longshoremen, technicians, foremen, and port staff have the ability to stay in constant contact with each other through AT&T Enhanced PTT. Because safety is of the utmost importance in this industry, SSA Marine chose AT&T Enhanced PTT service because of its network reliability.
In a January 2013 report, Carrie MacGillivray, Program Vice President, Mobile Services, IoT and Network Infrastructure, at IDC agreed that "with the recent announcements and enhancements made to PTT, AT&T is trying to reinvent the PTT space as a more advanced messaging service."
Beginning in mid-November, AT&T will embark on a 10 city roadshow tour to demo the new dispatch capability and other AT&T Enhanced PTT features. For more details, visit http://www.enhancedptt.com.
AT&T's Outstanding Network
AT&T has the fastest and now most reliable 4G LTE network in the U.S., as supported by independent third-party data.** The great performance of AT&T's 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- AT&T's 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of its competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. ***
- AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. ****
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Speed claim based on comparison of national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds for Android™ and Windows™ smartphones and iPhone 5. Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G and 4G LTE not available everywhere.
*** PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
**** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
1 Interoperability with two-way radios or other push-to-talk systems require additional equipment, software and/or services not available from AT&T.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.