AT&T Presents The 2014 Tribeca Film Festival® Interactive campaign planned to connect more people through the power of film
NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- First time presenting sponsor of the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival (TFF), AT&T (NYSE: T) is proud to announce its "Film for All" campaign – a multimedia initiative that will connect more people through the power of film and unite the larger film loving community in New York and around the world.
"In an effort to 'democratize film', AT&T will execute experiential programs throughout TFF that will engage attendees and allow more access and participation than ever before," explains Marissa Shorenstein, New York State President, AT&T. "Enhancing the customer experience is at the heart of all of our sponsorships and this campaign allows us to do that while simultaneously enhancing the Festival experience for all New Yorkers and film lovers."
"There is nothing more exciting than exposing film to people who want to see the work of new filmmakers and independent voices that are not readily available in their local cinemas," said Paula Weinstein, EVP, Tribeca Enterprises. "We are thrilled that AT&T is backing our mission of exposing film to the widest possible audience."
"Film for All" will include the following activations at the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival, creating engaging experiences for all attendees:
- "Film for All" Friday
- For the first time, TFF and AT&T are making all film screenings free for attendees at TFF theaters on Friday, April 25.
From April 14 – April 17, consumers can receive free tickets to a screening of their choice taking place on Friday, April 25, at TFF by registering at all AT&T Company-Owned retail locations in all New York boroughs, including two locations in New Jersey – Hoboken and Edgewater – as well as TFF box office locations. After April 17, Festival goers can go to TribecaFilm.com and select tickets to a free screening. Tickets are subject to availability. Additional free tickets can be accessed for all Friday, April 25 screenings through the Festival Rush Lines that open 45 minutes prior to each screening on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- New Yorkers Vote For The Film Every New Yorker Should See
- AT&T will initiate a social media campaign that will reward New Yorkers with free summer screenings in all five boroughs.
- Beginning April 16 through the end of the Festival, TFF attendees and consumers everywhere will be requested to cast their vote on Twitter for the film every New Yorker should see. AT&T will tally the votes and offer a screening of one of the top voted films in each borough during the summer, extending the life of the TFF and AT&T's message of "Film for All".
- In support of the campaign, AT&T will promote the initiative through a media campaign that will include print, out of home and digital advertising including in-store displays with the branded creative: "Tweet Your Vote: What is the one film every New Yorker should see? #filmforall." Additionally, :30 second movie trailers will play before each TFF movie screening asking audiences to tweet their vote before silencing their phones and enjoying the film.
- Hack-a-thon and Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards
- During the annual Hack-a-thon sponsored by AT&T on April 24 – 25 as part of TFF's "Innovation Week", teams of designers and technologists will imagine and invent new possibilities for storytelling on smart phones and tablets.
- At the fifth annual Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards, AT&T and TFF will honor individuals whose transformative ideas have made a significant impact on the future of film, technology and entertainment.
- Tribeca Drive-In® and Tribeca Family Festival Street Fair
- Continuing to offer the TFF experience to Festival goers for free, AT&T will activate on site with the first of their kind solar mobile charging stations which debuted in New York City last Spring, interactive photo booths with social sharing capabilities that will appeal to adults and children of all ages and AT&T's It Can Wait Simulator – an interactive game that simulates real life driving simulations and what happens when drivers text and drive. Upon completion of the simulation, participants will be invited to take AT&T's pledge against texting and driving.
As this year's presenting sponsor, AT&T will play the role of convener, innovator and communicator during the Festival and throughout the year to connect the public to these priceless experiences and to each other.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Reliability claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G LTE not available everywhere. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival helps filmmakers reach the broadest possible audience, enabling the international film community and general public to experience the power of cinema and promote New York City as a major filmmaking center. It is well known for being a diverse international film festival that supports emerging and established directors.
Founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff in 2001 following the attacks on the World Trade Center, to spur the economic and cultural revitalization of the lower Manhattan district through an annual celebration of film, music, and culture, the Festival brings the industry and community together around storytelling.
The Tribeca Film Festival has screened more than 1,500 films from more than 80 countries since its first edition in 2002. Since inception, it has attracted an international audience of more than 4.5 million attendees and has generated an estimated $850 million in economic activity for New York City.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.