AT&T Restoration Update
More than 98 Percent of Sites in Northeast Region Up and Running
Company Taking Steps to Protect Its Network and Recovery Assets Deployed in Region Given Pending Weather Changes
DALLAS, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T response teams continue making good progress in restoring service – more than 98 percent of its sites in the northeast region are up and running.
AT&T is also taking steps to protect its network and recovery assets deployed in the region given potential weather changes in the coming days.
AT&T has its arsenal of disaster response equipment and personnel staged in the area and is making the following preparations:
- Fortifying fuel distribution to more than 3,000 generators deployed in the impacted area, including those positioned at cell sites and other key locations.
- Shifting and staging resources and critical equipment, including service vehicles, fuel tankers, and generators to less vulnerable locations.
- Securing our deployed assets against wind and flooding, including temporary cell sites – Cells on Wheels (COWs) and Cells on Light Trucks (COLTs).
- Continuing close coordination with state and local officials, power and other service providers, and emergency response teams, monitoring service disruptions and coordinating our ongoing restoration efforts in the wake of this new weather threat.
- Continuing a special agreement with T-Mobile to enable roaming across both companies' networks seamlessly and free of charge to customers with compatible devices and where capacity is available.
For more information on our efforts related to Hurricane Sandy, visit http://att.com/vitalconnections
About AT&T --AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
More by this Source
AT&T And Bank Of America Stadium Unveil Enhanced Wi-Fi Deployment
Dec 12, 2013, 12:00 ET
AT&T's U-verse® with GigaPower(SM) Lights Up Austin
Dec 11, 2013, 08:01 ET
AT&T Customers Can Now Enjoy 4G LTE Wireless Speeds While Traveling In Canada
Dec 09, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.