LONDON, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
We estimate that growth in the value of balances outstanding for both owner-occupier and investment residential mortgages will be 6.1% in 2016, a slight decrease on the strong performance in 2015. The market will continue to decelerate over the forecast period as owner-occupier growth tapers off and investment property lending fails to make up for the slack.
- First-time buyers remain the weakest part of the market, accounting for just 14.8% of gross advances in 2015.
- Growth in investment property lending flatlined in light of Australian Prudential Regulation Authority restrictions, with owner-occupier lending surging at the same time.
- Lending to foreign buyers is up considerably, but the majors have pulled back from foreign investors in light of fraud and the potential oversupply of apartments in key investment markets.
- Refinancing has continued to gain as a share of gross advances, increasing the churn in the market and contributing to net interest margin compression.
Verdict Financial's "Australian Mortgage Market: Forecasts and Future Opportunities 2016" analyzes the Australian residential mortgage market, with coverage of both the investment property and owner-occupier market, including first-time buyers.
Specifically the report:
- Analyzes relative performance of the major sectors of the Australian mortgage market, including both mutual and bank as well as non-ADI lenders.
- Reviews the drivers behind recent market performance.
- Forecasts balances outstanding for both mutual and bank lenders, looking at the evolving growth of the investment property, owner-occupier, and first home buyer segments.
- Forecasts future drivers of growth and product features.
Reasons To Buy
- Which factors will impact the supply of mortgage lending?
- Which factors will affect consumer demand for mortgages?
- Which sectors offer the best prospects and opportunities for expansion over the next few years?
- What will be the market share of key mortgage sectors over the next few years?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4389500/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/australian-mortgage-market-forecasts-and-future-opportunities-2016-300379519.html