TOKYO, March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Australian Sailing Team has added a new member to its partnership team in airweave, the Japanese creator of top-selling bedding products. The Australian Sailing Team will use airweave mattresses to gain a quality night's sleep as they compete around the world and prepare for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
"As an official partner of the Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) and USA Swimming, airweave has gained precious knowledge and expertise to support top athletes among aquatic sports. We have found that airweave's scientifically proven mattresses can help swimmers to gain quality sleep and faster recovery that they need to be at the top of their game," says Motokuni Takaoka, CEO and president of airweave. "Especially in sailing, with long hours they spend outdoors and dynamic actions on the water, recovery should be a critical factor for them to win. We believe that the sailing team can feel the difference on their recovery and performance after resting on airweave mattresses."
"We're thrilled to be teaming up with airweave. A good night's rest and quality sleep is essential for the recovery of our athletes before and after long days out on the water and thus for their capability to perform at the highest level physically and mentally. And our best sailors have been using airweave mattresses successfully on their trips around the world, competing, training and sleeping in different places," says Peter Conde, Australian Sailing Performance Director.
As part of this alliance, airweave will exclusively supply its mattress and mattress toppers to Australian Sailing Team members for five years starting from February 15, 2016.
Founded in 2007, airweave, a mattress brand, has been offering comfortable support for the best possible quality sleep. Just by laying on top of the pre-existing mattress, the scientifically supported ultra-thin mattress will bring more restful slumber through its ergonomic, breathable design, and high resilience which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. In 2014, Motokuni Takaoka, the founder and CEO of airweave, brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales, and in February 2015, airweave opened its first flagship store in Manhattan's SoHo district. airweave is available in other regions as well such as mainland China, Singapore and Taiwan with further business expansions around the world being envisioned.
airweave is enhancing the daily life and athletic performance of its users, which include:
- Several national Olympic delegations including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33% of the medaling athletes at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic teams to which airweave supplied mattresses. In the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, airweave will provide specially customized mattresses for Team USA athletes;
- Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters Champion Bubba Watson, U.S. Olympic gold medalist ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White;
- Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave mattresses;
- Students at the Royal Ballet School in London where airweave mattresses have been introduced to their younger students at the White Lodge dormitory;
- More than 500 students of the IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave mattresses. (Sleep research has been conducted at the academy to measure the effect of airweave mattresses on individual athletic performance.);
- First and business class passengers of Japan Airlines international flights;
- Guests at high-end hotels, such as all diamond suites of Hotel Hermitage Monte Carlo, Andaz on Fifth Avenue and The Kitano New York.
For more information, visit http://www.airweave.com
Four benefits of airweave mattress:
1. Highly resilient bedding material allows you to turn over more easily and maintain deeper sleep.
2. Excellent dispersion of body pressure prevents physical strain and minimizes peak pressure points.
3. Breathability of core material helps to dissipate heat and moisture generated by the body during sleep.
4. Mattress cover and core material are easily washable with water.
About Australian Sailing
Australian Sailing is the performance arm of Yachting Australia in partnership with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and with support from the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and the Australian Paralympic Committee (APC). The Australian Sailing Team is the national representative team for Olympic and Paralympic class sailing.
Follow the Australian Sailing Team via
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AusSailingTeam
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/AusSailingTeam
Twitter - https://twitter.com/aussailingteam
SOURCE airweave holdings inc.