BIRMINGHAM, Mich., June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Automotive suppliers throughout Metro Detroit are demonstrating their commitment to the community through their support for local charities and community organizations.
Six non-profit groups helped by area auto suppliers will be recognized at next week's Tech Crawl 2016, an annual Michigan automotive news and technology event.
Charitable organizations under the Tech Crawl spotlight on June 14 in Birmingham along with the companies and their employees who support them throughout the year include:
- Kiekert, a technology leader in locking systems, will host the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. UMDF promotes research and education for the diagnosis, treatment and cure of mitochondrial disorders and provides support to affected individuals and families. For information, visit www.umdf.org.
- MAHLE, a leading supplier of engine technology to the auto industry, will highlight Tour de Cure of the American Diabetes Association. The Tour is a series of fund-raising cycling events held in 40 states nationwide to benefit the ADA. For information visit www.tour.diabetes.org.
- HELLA, an expert in lighting and electronic vehicle components, will host the Plymouth Community Arts Council. PCAC offers programs to supplement and enrich arts education in schools and sponsors summer concerts in downtown Plymouth. For information, visit www.plymoutharts.com.
- Eview 360, an international, award-winning design agency, is a supporter of the Walnut Lake Preschool and Developmental Kindergarten. The school works with young children to help them move on to a traditional school setting with greater capacities to learn, communicate and make friends. For information, please visit www.walnutlakepreschool.org.
- INFICON, in addition to its support for the United Way, is teaming up with AutoCom to host Fur Get Us Not Animal Rescue, a small volunteer-based pet rescue group operating in the Metro Detroit area. INFICON is a leading supplier of leak-detection equipment. For information, visit www.furgetusnotrescue.org.
- AutoCom Associates is also hosting Detroit Little Libraries, which brings free books to transit stops, community centers and any areas where children congregate throughout the Detroit area. For information, visit detroitlittlelibraries.org/how-why.
This marks the 13th annual AutoCom Tech Crawl, an award-winning program that brings automotive journalists and suppliers together for a half-day series of press conferences and networking events.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/auto-suppliers-give-back-to-their-metro-detroit-community-300283088.html
SOURCE AutoCom Associates