Automattic Launches WordPress.com Enterprise For Quick, Custom Company And Brand Websites
Launch Partners Include ESPN Digital, JackThreads, Soleil Moon Frye, and The 4-Hour Chef
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Automattic, the company behind the popular web platform, WordPress.com, today announced WordPress.com Enterprise, a new self-service cloud-based customized WordPress.com service. Hosted by Automattic, Enterprise brings together the simplicity of WordPress.com and the scaling, security and built-in functionality of WordPress.com VIP. The new service allows brands and businesses to quickly create custom sites that can handle high traffic, are mobile and tablet ready and can host rich media including videos, photos and more. Enterprise is available immediately for $500 per site, per month. Currently, Enterprise powers sites for a variety of businesses and brands including ESPN Digital, JackThreads, Moonfrye.com, and The 4-Hour Chef.
Enterprise offers the best features of both WordPress.com, the cloud version of WordPress that is hosted and supported by Automattic, and WordPress.com VIP, Automattic's service designed for large-scale organizations.
WordPress.com Enterprise key features include:
- Mobile & Social Integration: All sites built with Enterprise can be made mobile and tablet ready with a single click and connected to popular social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn through the Publicize feature.
- Scale: WordPress.com handles hundreds of millions of pageviews per day without disruption and monitors sites to ensure impressive uptime.
- Support: Enterprise users receive white glove support to help with any questions along the way.
- Advertising: With Enterprise, organizations are able to run and manage any advertising campaign they'd like on their website.
- Track Audience Engagement: Learn more about the audience including where they're from and how they found the site. Enterprise features maps and graphs with all pertinent stats. Also, easily add Google Analytics and Chartbeat tracking on the website.
"When we created The 4-Hour Chef website (http://fourhourchef.com), we wanted a custom, mobile-ready design that would be able to handle a lot of traffic," said Tim Ferriss, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body. "With WordPress.com Enterprise, we got the site up and running quickly with all of the features we were looking for."
"At Automattic our goal is to continue innovating on the WordPress.com platform to expand to more people and organizations," said Toni Schneider, CEO of Automattic. "We saw a need with many of our customers - from individual users to large corporations - to create high-profile custom scalable websites on a tight deadline, and WordPress.com Enterprise makes that possible."
For those interested in building a site using Enterprise, the service costs $500 per site, per month and can be purchased through the WordPress.com store. The entire WordPress platform has seen impressive growth of late; currently the platform powers 17.4% of the top million sites on the web. For more information about WordPress.com Enterprise please visit: http://vip.wordpress.com/enterprise.
Automattic offers a network of web services for online publishers including WordPress.com, VIP Hosting and Support, VaultPress, Akismet, VideoPress, Polldaddy, IntenseDebate, Gravatar, and more. The Automattic network attracts over half a billion worldwide unique visitors every month. For more information, visit http://automattic.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.