DETROIT, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoMobili-D is ready to showcase to the world the next-generation of mobility development, and the extensive lineup of exhibitors announced today reinforces the North American International Auto Show's (NAIAS) position as the epicenter of mobility. In total, more than 100 companies, including nearly 50 startups, will showcase their industry-leading mobility innovations and platforms inside AutoMobili-D.
"NAIAS is the perfect global stage for our industry's full ecosystem to demonstrate its technological and innovative might and its autonomous-driving future," said 2017 NAIAS Chairman Sam Slaughter. "AutoMobili-D exhibitors will take the wraps off the industry's biggest transformation in more than a century."
Located in Cobo Center's Atrium and Planet M Hall on Sunday, Jan. 8 – Thursday, Jan. 12, AutoMobili-D will be the backdrop for automakers, suppliers and startups to announce and display future mobility innovations before thousands of media and industry leaders gathered for Press Preview and Industry Preview days.
AutoMobili-D will feature 120,000 square feet of dynamic display communities focused on five key mobility areas: Autonomous Driving, Connected Car Technologies, E-Mobility, Mobility Services and Urban Mobility. Leading mobility companies and initiatives taking place in Michigan will also be showcased in Cobo's Hall E, which will be transformed into Planet M, a state of Michigan initiative that represents the collective mobility efforts across the state.
In addition to its five display communities, AutoMobili-D will include mobility-focused driving demonstrations inside at the Delphi Automotive Autonomous Vehicle Test Pad and outside on a 1-mile closed loop track along the Detroit River.
John Krafcik, CEO of Waymo, formally Google's Self-Driving Car Project, will kick-off AutoMobili-D with an important announcement on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 4:20 p.m. A host of panel discussions, symposiums and press announcements, including a keynote from Carols Ghosn, Chairman and CEO, Nissan Motor Corporation, on the changing automotive landscape will be featured during Preview Week, Jan. 8 – 12.
Quotes from some participating AutoMobili-D companies include:
- Covisint - "Covisint looks forward in partnering with AutoMobili-D and showcasing how our IoT Platform is digitally transforming the automotive industry by securely connecting people, systems and things. AutoMobili-D will provide a great environment for thought leadership to come together across the automotive ecosystem," said Brad Schechter, Vice President, Corporate Marketing.
- Hitachi - "The AutoMobili-D exhibition gives us an opportunity to connect with our current and potential suppliers and customers in one location and have detailed discussions about our future autonomous mobility technologies," said John Nunneley, Senior Vice President, Design Engineering.
- Magna International - "Magna values the opportunity to participate in the inaugural AutoMobili-D. As a leader in transforming mobility and working with startups to push the boundaries of innovation, we see AutoMobili-D as an ideal addition to the overall NAIAS experience," said Swamy Kotagiri, Chief Technology Officer.
- Nexteer Automotive - "AutoMobili-D – combined with the always-impressive NAIAS Showroom – is a great opportunity for Nexteer Automotive to showcase our motion control solutions for today's world and an automated future. Our team is excited to leverage this interactive environment to bring a new dimension to our conversations with customers and media while creating an immersive brand experience," said Dawn McDonald, Global Marketing Communications Leader.
- Phoenix Contact – "Phoenix Contact E-Mobility is honored to be a part of the inaugural AutoMobili-D during the NAIAS. The exciting changes in our industry- including vehicle electrification and autonomous driving-- provide numerous opportunities in the growth of the infrastructure, continued leadership, and ongoing renaissance of the Motor City," said Vince Carioti, Director E-Mobility North America.
- Visteon - "AutoMobili-D is a terrific venue for Michigan-based global companies like Visteon to showcase technology that is integral to the connected car and that will support automakers on the road to autonomous driving," said Timothy J. Yerdon, Head of Marketing and Communications.
AutoMobili-D exhibitors include:
Art Center College of Design
Automotive Lighting North America/Magneti Marelli
CCPIT-Shenzhen Herewin Technology Co., Ltd.
CCPIT-Zhejiang Keli Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd.
Hitachi Automotive Systems
Hyundai Motor America
IAV Automotive Engineering
Intrepid Control Systems
JTEKT North America Corporation
Michigan State University
P3 North America
sitronic North America Corp.
The Ohio State University
Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Transportation Research Center, Inc
University of Michigan Solar Car
University of Michigan-Dearborn
US Army TARDEC
VULOG Carsharing Technologies
For more info on AutoMobili-D and the participating companies, please visit the NAIAS website.
Companies participating in AutoMobili-D can reserve time slots to demonstrate their products on the Delphi Automotive Autonomous Vehicle Test Pad and the outdoor track by contacting Marla Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org or 586.747.0068.
About the North American International Auto Show
Now in its 29th year as an international event, the NAIAS is among the most prestigious auto shows in the world, providing unparalleled access to the automotive products, technologies, people and ideas that matter most – up close and in one place. Administered by executive director Rod Alberts, the NAIAS is one of the largest media events in North America, and the only auto show in the United States to earn an annual distinguished sanction of the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles, the Paris-based alliance of automotive trade associations and manufacturers from around the world. For more information, visit naias.com.
2017 NAIAS Dates:
The Gallery – Saturday, January 7, 2017
AutoMobili-D – Sunday-Thursday, January 8-12, 2017
Press Preview – Monday-Tuesday, January 9-10, 2017
Industry Preview – Wednesday-Thursday, January 11-12, 2017
Charity Preview – Friday, January 13, 2017
Public Show – Saturday-Sunday, January 14-22, 2017
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/automobili-d-exhibitors-lead-the-way-in-emerging-mobility-space-300379339.html
SOURCE North American International Auto Show