AVG adds ultra-secure online backup to AVG CloudCare™ cloud security platform for small businesses and services providers First cloud-based platform to offer IT providers fully integrated security and data protection for small business through a single pane of glass
AMERSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 172 million active users, today announced the immediate availability of AVG CloudCare™ with Online Backup (OLB). AVG CloudCare OLB provides resellers and other services providers with a simple, cost-effective way to offer their small business customers encrypted, military-grade backup using a pay-as-you-use model available with other AVG CloudCare services.
As AVG's first business service to focus on data protection rather than frontline security, OLB marks a significant milestone in the company's history. AVG CloudCare's easy-to-use cloud-based administration platform has enjoyed a rapid take-up among resellers worldwide since its launch twelve months ago. Growing numbers of resellers and other Channel partners use AVG CloudCare on a daily basis to remotely deploy and manage security and IT services on behalf of their small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers. OLB is fully integrated into the AVG CloudCare services platform with activation as easy as flipping a switch to "ON".
"Our desire to make the life of the small business partner and their customers as easy as possible drives everything we do in the development of AVG CloudCare," said Mike Foreman, General Manager, SMB, AVG Technologies. "We see online backup and data protection as a natural extension for those partners already providing frontline security services to their customers.
"With this in mind we have fully integrated online backup into AVG CloudCare so that small businesses can trust their IT providers to manage their data protection needs through the same single pane of glass," he added.
Data is encrypted while on the user's computer, in transit and in storage, providing peace of mind for customers that valuable data will not be compromised at any stage of the backup or restore process. Data centers located in UK and North America are ISO9001 and ISO 27001 certified. An added benefit of AVG CloudCare OLB is that files are automatically scanned for malware by AVG® AntiVirus, before compression and storage.
"We have found the AVG Online Backup easy to setup and use for our clients," said Louise Roberts, office manager with Aztec Computers, a UK reseller. "We have one client already using the service successfully and will be also using it to back up our own server. Now that we have tested it we will shortly be offering AVG CloudCare OLB to the rest of our clients."
Key features of AVG CloudCare OLB include:
- Ultra-secure encrypted protection for customers' data against hardware failure, loss and theft
- Flexibility to backup devices to the cloud or locally according to customer requirements
- Automated backup scheduled to take place according to customers' requirements
- Capacity to restore customer data from a single file to a whole directory, quickly and easily
- Integrated ShadowProtect® Bare Metal Backup option capable of creating images of large files such as databases and email servers to protect against data corruption, outages or hardware failures
- Integrated alerts and reports enables pro-active customer estate management
- 30 day trial option for customers
- Pay-as-you-use billing charged in 25Gb 'units' per customer
- No differentiation between types of data backed up in contrast to competing solutions that charge a premium for backing up Microsoft Exchange or SQL servers
- No per-device license fees
- Consolidation of all information that can be viewed via a single pane of glass to greatly simplify management of multiple customer accounts
- Ability to run reports, view invoices, get license summary for all customers for paid and trial, deploy or delete services and much more
AVG's small business security portfolio is comprised of a worldwide network of more than 10,000 partners. Its pedigree in this area makes it ideally positioned to help smaller IT and managed services providers (MSPs) harness low cost, cloud-based tools so they can transition into a fully-fledged managed services business. In October 2012 AVG introduced AVG CloudCare™, a cloud-based administration platform offering resellers a new way to implement and manage services such as antivirus, content filtering and email security services for their small business customers. In June this year it added AVG Managed Workplace®, an open eco-system Remote Management & Monitoring (RMM) tool. AVG's vision is to make the lives of MSPs and their small business customers as easy as possible, regardless of whether staff are in the office, at home, or on the road.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy‐to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of September 30, 2013 and offers a protection, performance and privacy products and services suite to consumers and small businesses including Internet security, performance optimization, mobile security, online backup, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at blogs.avg.com/business.
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies