AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 155 million active users, today announced that it has extended its relationship with Yandex (NASDAQ: YNDX), Russia's leading Internet search provider. Owners of Android devices who download AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™ before the end of 2013 from the Yandex.Store will receive a perpetual license for free to help keep their Android device protected and optimized.
AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™ is AVG's premium security app that helps protect mobile devices from viruses, malware, spyware and online exploitation in real-time. Yandex.Store is one of the largest alternative applications stores for Android devices with more than 50,000 apps available to users worldwide.
"The rapid uptake of connected mobile devices has created a valuable channel for cybercriminals to reach unsuspecting consumers. We're delighted to work with Yandex to bring mobile security to its customers, helping them to feel safe online, no matter what device they are using," said Omri Sigelman, AVG Technologies. "The AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™ app delivers powerful tools, ranging from real-time app scanning to privacy controls and battery tune-ups, to help protect users while improving the performance of their Android device."
This is the next step in the growing relationship between AVG and Yandex. Both companies already provide the AVG Safeguard™ Toolbar to Yandex's search customers in Turkey.
About AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™
Safe Web Surfing: helps protect your device when you are browsing the web from your smartphone
- Actively checks web addresses in real time with AVG LinkScanner®, to help you make the right decisions online.
Safety: combats viruses and malware so you can download media and apps with confidence
- SIM Lock - SIM Lock, which is set up from the Anti-theft menu, locks your lost or stolen phone to prevent others from replacing your phone's SIM card.
- Camera Trap - If the in-built Anti-Theft function records three failed attempts by an intruder to unlock your phone, it takes a photo of them with the phone's front-facing camera. The photo is then emailed to you with an alert to the attempted break-in.
- App Scanner - scans apps to help ensure that malware will not infect your device. Scans run manually or you can easily set up automatic daily or weekly scans.
- File Scanner - scans for malware, spyware, viruses and lets you remove them with a simple click. Protects your phone while you're using your favorite apps, keeping your contacts, bookmarks, text messages, music and videos safe. Choose between running manual scans or setting up automatic daily or weekly scans.
- Only available with AVG AntiVirus PRO, App Locker enables you to lock your apps individually and secure them from being accessed by others using your phone. You can also back them up on your SD (Secure Digital) card.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 155 million active users as of June 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AVGfree
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVG
- Join our LinkedIn community at www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies