AVG launches Apple®-centric RMM toolset that greatly simplifies management of mixed Windows®/Mac® customer networks for MSPs Industry's first agentless iOS RMM increases MSP options for bringing customers' BYOD headaches under greater control
AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 155 million active users, today announced enhanced support for Apple®'s Mac® operating system (OS) environments within its AVG Managed Workplace® 2013 remote monitoring & management (RMM) platform. At the same time AVG Managed Workplace becomes the first leading RMM tool to offer agentless iOS® management of Mac OS® X devices including iPads® and iPhones®. The new capabilities will help Managed Services Providers (MSPs) offer a greater range of Mobile Device Management (MDM) options to customers wanting professional management of their Mac-only or mixed Windows®/Apple environments and to reduce security issues related to personal mobile devices accessing their business IT infrastructure.
From now on, MSPs using AVG Managed Workplace can monitor and manage Mac OS X devices regardless of whether they are always in the office, only connect occasionally or are even permanently off-network. They can now also remotely lock and/or wipe a lost or stolen Mac OS X device for their customers to protect the confidentiality of company or customer data.
Additionally, AVG Managed Workplace becomes the first of the industry's leading RMM platforms to offer agentless monitoring and management of iOS mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. Eliminating the need to install agent software on the endpoint in this way allows MSPs to bring these devices under management in a few clicks. As with earlier releases of AVG Managed Workplace, MSPs have a centralized view of all mobile devices under management in the Service Center.
"Today's announcement is yet another major advancement for AVG Managed Workplace and represents the Holy Grail for any MSP," said Mike Foreman, AVG's General Manager, SMB. "With this release they can now remotely monitor and manage any combination of Windows, OSX, Android™ and iOS devices all through the same single pane of glass."
"These new capabilities give our partners added powers to bring peace of mind to customers wrestling with today's BYOD security concerns," he continued.
About Mac OS X support
In the past if an MSP wanted to monitor and manage a Mac-only environment they would first have to install a Windows machine. This release eliminates this and gives MSPs using AVG Managed Workplace immediate RMM capability over any Mac OS X device. AVG Managed Workplace 2013 allows you to monitor and manage Mac OS X devices that cannot be scanned by an on-premise client services coordination server or Onsite Manager (OM).
Mac OS X off-network monitoring and management helps you:
- remotely lock and/or wipe a lost or stolen Mac OS X device to secure customer data
- set the device status as lost and configure specific actions, such as locking or wiping the device, to be automatically performed when it next checks in
- receive alerts when the Mac OS X device is down
- collect comprehensive hardware and software information for Mac OS X devices, including all installed applications
- view data for Mac OS X devices in more than ten different AVG Managed Workplace reports
- win new customers with Mac-only environments without having to install a Windows machine for the Onsite Manager
- provide more extensive monitoring and management for customers with mixed-OS environments
About iOS agentless MDM
AVG Managed Workplace 2013 is the first remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform to offer agentless monitoring of iOS devices like iPhones and iPads. By taking advantage of the latest technologies from Apple, AVG Managed Workplace now allows you to perform the following functions on iOS devices without deploying agents:
- protect iOS devices and data by enforcing security policies and conducting remote remediation
- remotely lock or wipe the device or remove the passcode
- receive alerts when the device is roaming to warn against potential cost or billing concerns
- mark devices as lost, alert on check-in and automatically take remedial action
- configure email and Wi-Fi settings automatically
- provision new iOS devices for monitoring and management with a few clicks
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 155 million active users as of June 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVG
Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies