AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 155 million active users, today launched a limited time offer for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) worldwide. To enable a sustainable, cost efficient migration path, this special promotion offers AVG Managed Workplace™, the remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform, for free to businesses with existing packetTrap RMM licenses.
"Earlier this month it was reported in the media that packetTrap Remote Monitoring and Management products are at end of life and no longer being developed," said Mike Foreman, General Manager, SMB, AVG Technologies. "We can immediately offer the advanced AVG Managed Workplace product to help packetTrap MSPs ensure continuity of service to their customers and further develop their business. We are offering the opportunity to avoid any shortfall in new features or support as they move into the future. AVG Managed Workplace is a core component of the AVG SMB product portfolio and its program of continued investment. Its hybrid agentless cloud-based architecture allows MSPs to comprehensively manage the end-to-end IT experience for every client the MSP looks after."
AVG's Managed Workplace platform provides detailed visibility and unified management of the entire IT infrastructure including all devices, applications, networks and cloud, while providing unmatched ease of use, security and control.
Under the terms*, AVG will offer AVG Managed Workplace for the remainder of the term of the existing RMM contract, provided MSPs agree to a paid subscription for the same period to begin at the expiration of the term.
This promotion is effective immediately until 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30th, 2013. For more information on this offer, please visit: http://www.managedworkplace.com/ptrmm.aspx.
* Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to existing packetTrap RMM partners with active licenses ("Partner"). By participating in this promotion each Partner agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all terms and conditions set forth by AVG. The Partner must legally exist and operate in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
- Partner must enroll in the promotion no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2013 in order to be eligible for this promotion.
- Partner must agree at the time it enrolls in this promotion to a license term equal to or greater than the remaining term of its packetTrap RMM license(s). Upon making such commitment, Partner will receive an initial free license for the remaining term of its packetTrap RMM license ("Free License Period"). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the minimum Free License Period will be three (3) months, such license to be for an active packetTrap license with three or fewer months remaining on the license term. The maximum Free License Period will be 12 months.
- This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law and outside of the eligibility area. Partner is responsible for complying with all applicable laws. Local sales tax, VAT, levies, bank charges and any other applicable taxes or charges may apply to this promotion and shall be solely payable by the Partner.
- AVG is not responsible for any loss off or damage to the Partner and/or its users as a result of this promotion or the use of the AVG Managed Workplace®. This promotion is not redeemable for cash or for any other AVG product or service.
- AVG reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this promotion, or modify, suspend, or end this promotion, at any time without notice. Additional AVG or third party terms and conditions may apply.
- AVG may refuse to allow any Partner to participate or continue to participate in the promotion, and may disqualify any Partner who is suspected of failing to meet any of the eligibility requirements, who tampers with the process or operation of the promotion, or who acts in bad faith or in an illegal manner.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this document is accurate. AVG is not responsible for printing errors.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 155 million active users as of June 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies N.V.