Aviation Week & Space Technology Presents the Rising Stars of Aerospace in "Top 40 Under Forty" Special Issue
NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The October 15th issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) features a special report on the next generation of Aerospace talent, entitled "Top 40 Under Forty." AW&ST's editors narrowed down the list of 40 from reader and industry nominations, along with candidates identified by AW&ST editorial. The result is a pioneering showcase of the industry's top talent, and their extraordinary accomplishments to date, and the latest in Aviation Week's continued commitment to the future A&D workforce.
The global aviation, aerospace and defense industry has a rich history in attracting and cultivating top talent, and AW&ST's "Top 40 Under Forty" report uncovers an elite group who possess an aggressive palette of leadership, technical and analytical dexterity, business insight, and a resilient dedication to continuously pursue better than "good enough." The complete "Top 40 Under Forty" list in its entirety:
- Keith Allen , Senior Navigation and Controls Engineer, Rockwell Collins
- Marc Allen , President, Boeing China
- Justin Brownlee , Managing Director of Propulsion Maintenance, FedEx Express
- John Brutnell , General Manager, ExecuJet UK
- Stephane Burton , COO of Supply Chain & Support, Sabena Technics
- Jonas Butautis, CEO, FL Technics
- Onekki Christian , Principal Systems Engineer/Lead Systems Engineer, Raytheon
- Carl Dietrich , CEO and Co-Founder, Terrafugia
- David Easter , Senior Instructional Development Specialist/Air Operations, FedEx Express
- Matthew Facchine , Fellow Systems Architect, Northrop Grumman
- Parker Fagrelius , Ph.D., Student
- Amy Gowder , Vice President and General Manager, Kelly Aviation Center, Lockheed Martin
- Robert Hammerquist , Senior Engineer, Mechanical Systems, ITT Exelis
- Luke Hayhoe , General Manager-Commercial, British Airways CityFlyer
- Angela Heise , Vice President of Information Systems & Global Solutions-Defense Enterprise IT Service, Lockheed Martin
- Luis Hernandez , Senior Staff Engineer, BAE Systems
- Jeremy Hochstedler , Senior Electrical Engineer, Raytheon
- John M. Holmes , Group Vice President, Aviation Supply Chain, AAR Corp.
- Puneet Kaura , Executive Director, Samtel Avionics & Defense Systems Ltd.
- David Kordonowy , Aerostructures Research Group Leader, Aurora Flight Sciences Corp.
- David Lapeyronnie , Engineering Manager, Pressure and Mass Flow Sensors, Esterline Advanced Sensors
- Timothy Lyon , Managing Director of Domestic Pricing, US Airways
- Joachim Mirabaud, Head of Flight Hour Services Engineering & Pool Management, Airbus
- Darren Moe , Director of Software & Algorithms, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
- James T. Mooney , Precision Optics Chief Engineer, Exelis Geospatial Systems
- Mike Moser , Chief Functional Engineer, AE 3007 Engines, Rolls-Royce
- Aireen Omar , CEO, AirAsia Berhad
- Carlye Prinz , First-Line Manager, Harpoon & Standoff Land Attack Missile-Expanded Response International Programs, Boeing
- Joe Puthoff , Chief Project Engineer, Trent 1000-TEN, Rolls-Royce
- Jonathan Rambeau , Vice President of F-35 International Programs, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Kevin Schoonover , Director of Strategy & Business Development-Missile Defense, Alliant Techsystems
- Justin Siegel , Vice President of Fleet Projects, Latam Airlines Group
- Marc Szepan , Doctoral Candidate, University of Oxford
- Nora Tgavalekos , Senior Manager for Technical Competency Definition and Development, Engineering, Technology and Mission Assurance, Raytheon
- Leslie Thng, CEO, SilkAir
- Derk-Jan van Heerden , Managing Director, Aircraft End-of-Life Solutions
- Jennifer Wong , Program Manager, Colony II Bus, Boeing Phantom Works Advanced Space and Intelligence Systems
- Al Wood , Executive Vice President, Commercial Products & Services, AeroTurbine
- Gediminas Ziemelis , Chairman of the Board, Avia Solutions Group
- Juan Carlos Zuazua , CEO, VivaAerobus
Lee Ann Tegtmeier , editorial lead on this feature and Civil managing editor of Aviation Week & Space Technology, is available for commentary and interviews at +1 202-383-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule broadcast appearances or inquire about media/press discounts to Aviation Week and the Aviation Week Intelligence Network, contact Director of Communications Joe D'Andrea at +1 212-904-3780 or email@example.com.
About Aviation Week:
Aviation Week, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. Aviation Week produces data and analytics services including the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), industry-leading events around the world, as well as ShowNews and Business & Commercial Aviation.
On July 2, 2012, the group's flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) relaunched with an even greater focus on technology, business and operations that has long been the brand's hallmark. In addition to civil, military and space, AW&ST's market coverage is further expanded with new monthly Defense Technology and MRO editions to include land and sea and aftermarket insights.
Aviation Week's 2012 digital expansion includes a redesigned AviationWeek.com for deeper community engagement and navigation and a comprehensive technology upgrade to the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN). AWIN, the industry's essential integrated business tool, now has increased capability through more fleet and MRO data and an expanded team of data analysts.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, a leading education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/.
SOURCE Aviation Week
More by this Source
Aviation Week Releases Commercial MRO Forecast Detailing a Decade of Industry Growth
Apr 18, 2013, 14:59 ET
Aviation Week Announces 2013 "MRO of the Year" Awards
Apr 16, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.