Aviation Week Presents Civil Aviation Manufacturing Conference
A unique platform bringing together leaders to examine and evaluate solutions in manufacturing capabilities, May 8-9 in Charlotte, NC
NEW YORK, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Week presents the Civil Aviation Manufacturing Conference (CAM), taking place on May 8-9 at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel in Charlotte, NC. As a significant contributor to the Gross Domestic Product, civil aviation manufacturing has been expanding despite the U.S. and global recession, creating a world reliance on success. The Conference will share best practices to achieve production integration, provide data-analytic products, cultivate tools and techniques to improve productivity, assess benchmarks, and learn about emerging manufacturing technologies and processes.
"With the world in recession, how do we set the stage for change and advancement in the civil aviation industry?" asked Greg Hamilton, President, Aviation Week. "Aviation Week's newly launched, Civil Aviation Manufacturing Conference will define what we can expect in 2012 and beyond. The conference will provide knowledge on advanced technologies and capabilities and examine how we can solve problems while tapping into new and innovative techniques and processes designed to meet the record demand for civil aviation deliveries."
With more than 200 mid- to senior-level executives from major manufacturing, supply chain and logistics companies, including manufacturing and mechanical engineers, integrated product team leads, operations and manufacturing executives, leaders in the civil aviation vehicle industry, a network of experts will create opportunities for community engagement. Marshall Larsen, Chairman, CEO and President, Goodrich Corp. talks about the challenges and opportunities in the civil aviation industry in his opening welcome. A list of speakers includes:
- Guenter Butschek, EVP Operations, Airbus
- Ralph Carpenter, Aerospace & Defense Industry Lead, Oracle
- Bill Condas, VP Operations, ATK Aerospace Structures Division
- Mark Correll, VP Commercial Operations, Rockwell Collins
- Keith Crisco, Secretary of Commerce, State of North Carolina
- Jace Dees, VP NOVO, Flextronics Inc.
- Rob Ivester, Acting Dep Program Manager Advanced Manufacturing Office, DOE
- Michael Kauffman, Sr. Executive, Center of Excellence Operations, GE Aviation
- Tom Kilkenny, GM Global A&D Industry, IBM
- Phil Krull, GM Melbourne, Embraer
- Simon Laddychuk, VP Manufacturing & Technologies, Constellium
- Marshall Larsen, Chairman, President & CEO, Goodrich Corp.
- Rolf Linden, VP Technology, Stellar Microelectronics, A Flextronics Company
- Tom Loehr, EVP Crosspointe, Rolls-Royce N.A.
- Tim Martin, VP Supply Chain and Strategic Initiatives, Goodrich Aerostructures
- Jack McDougle, SVP, Council on Competitiveness
- Richard McNeel, Chairman, President and CEO, LORD Corp.
- Kevin Michaels, VP, ICF International
- Lane Miller, VP Global Technology, LORD Corp.
- Steve Pryor, Propulsion Structures & Systems Engineering Director, Spirit AeroSystems Inc.
- Allan Swan, VP Supply Chain Planning and Control, Rolls-Royce NA
- Mike Vander Wel, Dir Manufacturing Domain-Engineering, Operations & Technology, The Boeing Co.
- Dan Wheeler, VP/GM, Spirit AeroSystems NC Business Unit
Attendees will learn about software and hardware technologies, design and manufacturing services, contract design and manufacturing, logistics, machinery, tooling, and other increased productivity methods and systems. As part of this new event, Aviation Week will provide virtual tours and information on green field manufacturing sites in the U.S., illustrating insights into new techniques and methodologies.
Civil Aviation Manufacturing is produced by Aviation Week. Gold sponsors include Flextronics and North Carolina; bronze sponsors are Dassault Systemes and Realization; with support from Innovista and Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Media partners include Aviation Week & Space Technology.
For more information, to register, or to request a press pass, visit http://www.aviationweek.com/events/current/cam/register.htm or call +1 212-904-3334. For news about CAM, visit http://aviationweek.com, join the Aviation Week Intelligence Network, or follow @aviationweek, @avweekevents and #AWCAM on Twitter.
About Aviation Week:
Aviation Week, part of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is the largest multimedia information and services provider to the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries, and includes http://AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week & Space Technology, Defense Technology International, Business & Commercial Aviation, Overhaul & Maintenance, ShowNews, Aviation Daily, Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, The Weekly of Business Aviation, Aviation Week Intelligence Network and MRO Links. The group also produces major events around the world.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
McGraw-Hill announced on September 12, 2011, its intention to separate into two public companies: McGraw-Hill Financial, a provider of content and analytics to global financial markets, and McGraw-Hill Education, an education company focused on digital learning and education services worldwide. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Indices, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. With sales of $6.2 billion in 2011, the Corporation has approximately 23,000 employees across more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at http://mcgraw-hill.com.
SOURCE Aviation Week
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.