Award Winning Texas Rangers Broadcaster Eric Nadel to Host Baseball Tour in Cuba With Insight Cuba in December 2014 Seven-day custom people-to-people tour with 36-year broadcaster allows American baseball fans insider access to the world of baseball in the US and Cuba
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y., July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For nearly five decades, Cuba was off limits to its US neighbor. For sport fans, witnessing a simple baseball game in Cuba has been an all-but-unattainable dream—until now. This December 12-18, Eric Nadel, expert broadcaster for the Texas Rangers, will accompany diehard baseball fans on a seven-day, six-night Baseball in Cuba tour with Insight Cuba into the heart of the Caribbean island, to bond over the love of baseball.
"Cuban baseball players have mesmerized U.S. fans for decades. We've watched the likes of Bert Campaneris, Tony Pérez, Rafael Palmeiro, and Yasiel Puig play their hearts out and win ours," says Nadel. "As an ambassador of the game of baseball, I wanted to share in the opportunity to legally bring a small group of Americans to legally visit this enigmatic island and witness first-hand the passion for our shared national pastime." Guests on this unique tour will experience Cuba through Eric's eyes as he offers his Major League Baseball insider perspective.
Insight Cuba, the leading provider of licensed people-to-people travel to Cuba for US citizens since 2000, has created this custom group tour with Mr. Nadel. Tour price is $4,395 per person for double or single occupancy. There are no single-supplement charges.
"There's a shared connection between the US and Cuba, despite political differences that have spanned decades. Part of that connection is our love for baseball," says Tom Popper, president of Insight Cuba. "There's something special about being in Cuba and sharing our mutual passion. To do it with Eric Nadel—well, it doesn't get better than that."
The seven-day tour starts in Havana, where participants will take in the capital's most iconic sights, its vivid, colonial flair and picturesque, seaside Malecón, in a variety of people-to-people excursions. Guests will be able to engage with Cuban sports historians and retired baseball players, and cheer on Havana's most popular team, Los Industriales, at the local ballpark.
Next, the tour will journey to Matanzas province, where participants will listen to Cuban baseball stories and attend local games, while discovering Cuba's unrivaled, enigmatic charm and beauty.
Biography: Eric Nadel, winner of the 2014 Ford C. Frick Award from the National Baseball Hall of Fame, has been broadcasting Texas Rangers baseball for 36 years. He learned Spanish to better communicate with Latin American players, and has traveled widely in Latin America, taking part in baseball broadcasts in Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Cuba. Eric is a seven-time recipient of the Texas Sportscaster of the Year Award and a member of the Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame. He grew up in Brooklyn, New York and graduated from Brown University with a B.A. in political science.
Eric Nadel's Baseball in Cuba tour includes:
- Tour hosted by Eric Nadel, broadcaster for the Texas Rangers
- Superior accommodations at the Meliá Cohiba hotel in Havana
- Insight Cuba's exclusive guided programming, including insider access to Cuba's famous places and those rarely seen, and private visits and lectures with Cuba's renowned experts
- Experienced Insight Cuba tour leader
- Expert Cuban guide
- Private Cuban driver
- All meals while in Cuba, except for two paladar evening dining experiences
- All in-country ground transportation and airport transfers
- US Department of the Treasury license and Insight Cuba letter of authorization
- All entrance fees to scheduled activities and events
- Flight package (cost additional) including round-trip charter air
- All ground transportation and airport transfers from Miami and Havana as part of the tour
- Fresh bottled water while touring
- Travel health insurance, emergency medical evacuation, and trip- cancellation coverage (up to $1,000)
- Insight Cuba travel guidebook
- 24-hour emergency customer-service hotline
- Gratuities for luggage handling, restaurant service, and programmed activities throughout tour
- Small group size (usually 16 or fewer; never more than 24)
Space is limited. For more information on Eric Nadel's Baseball in Cuba tour visit http://www.insightcuba.com/eric-nadels-baseball-in-cuba-tour. For more information on Insight Cuba and other tours, visit www.insightcuba.com or call 800-450-CUBA (2822) to speak with an expert Cuba travel specialist.
About Insight Cuba
Insight Cuba pioneered legal people-to-people travel for Americans to Cuba, and remains its leading provider. Since the organization's inception in 2000, it has sent more than 10,000 participants on hundreds of tours and crafted more than 100 custom group tours. When travel to Cuba was reauthorized for all Americans in 2011, this not-for-profit company (a division of Cross-Cultural Solutions) was the first to bring American travelers back to Cuba. Insight Cuba offers six Signature Cuba tours, various Specialty Cuba tours with more than 100 departures, and dozens of custom group tours each year.
SOURCE Insight Cuba