Babson College Challenges What it Means To Be An Entrepreneur By Bringing Together Entrepreneurs of All Kinds®
Babson College brings entrepreneurs, tastemakers, investors, and designers together to discuss entrepreneurship of all kinds.
WELLESLEY, Mass., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- From a patent holding inventor to a shoe designer whose shoes are worn by Lady Gaga, Babson College's 11th annual Babson Entrepreneurship Forum will celebrate entrepreneurs of all kinds on November 9th.
Registration begins at 7 a.m. in the Sorenson Theater. Panel discussions will take place from 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. followed by a networking reception.
All panel discussions will take place at the Babson College campus in Wellesley, MA.
The event features three tracks: People, Trends, and Skills. Each track explores entrepreneurship through a different lens. Topics range from exploring entrepreneurial ecosystems, current trends in the music industry, to ideation and design thinking.
Track One: The People track is designed to expose attendees to the inspiring and remarkable stories of our select group of entrepreneurs.
- Lakshmi Blachandra (Moderator): Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at Babson College
- Bala Iyer (Moderator): Professor of Information Technology Management
- Len Schlesinger (Moderator): President, Babson College
- Sharon Kan: Cofounder & CEO, Tikatok
- Natalia Oberti Noguera: Founder & CEO, Pipeline Fellowship
- Ruthie Davis: Owner, RADesign, Inc./ RUTHIE DAVIS
- Keya Dannenbaum: CEO & Founder, ElectNext
- Abby Fichtner: The Hacker Chick Blog
- Seth Priebatsch: Chief Ninja, SCVNGR & LevelUp
- Jonathan Feinman: Executive Director & Founder, InnerCity Weightlifting
- Vicky Wu Davis: Executive Director & Founder, Youth CITIES
- Kavita Shukla: Inventor & Founder, Fenugreen
Track Two: The Trends Track will allow attendees to get a snapshot of the reality of entrepreneurship and innovation at an international and industry level.
- Dave Kusek (Moderator): Managing Partner, Digital Cowboys
- Donna Kelly (Moderator): Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Babson College
- Daniel Isenberg (Moderator): Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice, Babson Global
- Amber Rubarth: Acclaimed Songwriter and Music Artist
- Mark Kates: Founder, Fenway Recordings
- Brian Jonas: Agent, High Road Touring
- Jacqui Kew: University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Silvia de Carbonell: IAE Business School
- Slativa Singer: J.J. Strossmayer University, Croatia
- Sam Hammar: Executive Director, The Capital Network
- Shelly Porges: Senior Advisor, Global Entrepreneurship Program at U.S. Department of State
- Ray Leach: CEO, Jumpstart
- Fernando Fabre: President, Endeavor Global
- Eduardo Salazar Yusti: Managing Director, Yuma
Track Three: The Skills Track will allow attendees to learn by applying concepts to their current companies or projects.
- Ela Ben-Ur: Innovation Coach, i2i experience
- Amanda Igesias: Product Manager, Hubspot
- Bob Davis: Managing General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
- Katie Rae: Managing Director, TechStars Boston
- Frans Johansson: CEO, The Medici Group, Author of The Click Movement
- Jonathan Bush: CEO & Co-Founder anthenahealth, Inc
This daylong experience is Babson College's flagship student-led event, and pulls in hundreds of business professionals, students, entrepreneurs and interested neighbors. To purchase tickets, view the complete schedule, and find more information, please go to www.babsonforum.com/2012 or visit Twitter @BabsonForum or Facebook.
About Babson College:
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit Babson.com.
SOURCE Babson College
More by this Source
Babson Research Finds Middle-Market Mergers & Acquisitions Holding Steady In 2013
May 15, 2013, 16:28 ET
Babson Ranked #1 By Payscale 2013 Return On Investment (ROI) Ranking For Business Schools
May 14, 2013, 16:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.