Babson College Challenges What it Means To Be An Entrepreneur By Bringing Together Entrepreneurs of All Kinds®
Babson College brings entrepreneurs, tastemakers, investors, and designers together to discuss entrepreneurship of all kinds.
WELLESLEY, Mass., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- From a patent holding inventor to a shoe designer whose shoes are worn by Lady Gaga, Babson College's 11th annual Babson Entrepreneurship Forum will celebrate entrepreneurs of all kinds on November 9th.
Registration begins at 7 a.m. in the Sorenson Theater. Panel discussions will take place from 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. followed by a networking reception.
All panel discussions will take place at the Babson College campus in Wellesley, MA.
The event features three tracks: People, Trends, and Skills. Each track explores entrepreneurship through a different lens. Topics range from exploring entrepreneurial ecosystems, current trends in the music industry, to ideation and design thinking.
Track One: The People track is designed to expose attendees to the inspiring and remarkable stories of our select group of entrepreneurs.
- Lakshmi Blachandra (Moderator): Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at Babson College
- Bala Iyer (Moderator): Professor of Information Technology Management
- Len Schlesinger (Moderator): President, Babson College
- Sharon Kan: Cofounder & CEO, Tikatok
- Natalia Oberti Noguera: Founder & CEO, Pipeline Fellowship
- Ruthie Davis: Owner, RADesign, Inc./ RUTHIE DAVIS
- Keya Dannenbaum: CEO & Founder, ElectNext
- Abby Fichtner: The Hacker Chick Blog
- Seth Priebatsch: Chief Ninja, SCVNGR & LevelUp
- Jonathan Feinman: Executive Director & Founder, InnerCity Weightlifting
- Vicky Wu Davis: Executive Director & Founder, Youth CITIES
- Kavita Shukla: Inventor & Founder, Fenugreen
Track Two: The Trends Track will allow attendees to get a snapshot of the reality of entrepreneurship and innovation at an international and industry level.
- Dave Kusek (Moderator): Managing Partner, Digital Cowboys
- Donna Kelly (Moderator): Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Babson College
- Daniel Isenberg (Moderator): Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice, Babson Global
- Amber Rubarth: Acclaimed Songwriter and Music Artist
- Mark Kates: Founder, Fenway Recordings
- Brian Jonas: Agent, High Road Touring
- Jacqui Kew: University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Silvia de Carbonell: IAE Business School
- Slativa Singer: J.J. Strossmayer University, Croatia
- Sam Hammar: Executive Director, The Capital Network
- Shelly Porges: Senior Advisor, Global Entrepreneurship Program at U.S. Department of State
- Ray Leach: CEO, Jumpstart
- Fernando Fabre: President, Endeavor Global
- Eduardo Salazar Yusti: Managing Director, Yuma
Track Three: The Skills Track will allow attendees to learn by applying concepts to their current companies or projects.
- Ela Ben-Ur: Innovation Coach, i2i experience
- Amanda Igesias: Product Manager, Hubspot
- Bob Davis: Managing General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
- Katie Rae: Managing Director, TechStars Boston
- Frans Johansson: CEO, The Medici Group, Author of The Click Movement
- Jonathan Bush: CEO & Co-Founder anthenahealth, Inc
This daylong experience is Babson College's flagship student-led event, and pulls in hundreds of business professionals, students, entrepreneurs and interested neighbors. To purchase tickets, view the complete schedule, and find more information, please go to www.babsonforum.com/2012 or visit Twitter @BabsonForum or Facebook.
About Babson College:
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit Babson.com.
SOURCE Babson College