Babson College Hosts 2013 Latin Entrepreneurship Forum
WELLESLEY, Mass., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College and the Latin America Business Club are proud to host the 5th annual Latin Entrepreneurship Forum on Friday, April 19th, 2013.
The Latin Entrepreneurship Forum is the largest among U.S. universities dedicated to entrepreneurial activities in Latin America. Participants will learn about the challenges and opportunities for starting and growing businesses in the region from top Latin American leaders, entrepreneurs, and business people. They will focus on generating insightful debates about the identification, structuring, and growth process of local business opportunities.
This edition's speakers will include:
- Alvaro Uribe Velez, President of Colombia 2002 - 2010
- Juan Carlos Escotet Rodriguez, Chairman BOD of Banesco Banco Universal, Venezuela
- Mario Siman, President of Unicomer, El Salvador
- Marcel Granier, President and CEO of Radio Caracas TV, Venezuela
- Rogelio de los Santos, Managing Director of Alta Ventures, Mexico
- Pablo Gonzalez Cid, CEO of Cafe Punta del Cielo, Mexico
- Davis Smith, Founder and Co-CEO of Baby.com.br, Brazil
- Jorge Moran, President and CEO of Sovereign Bank USA
- Alejandro Quiroz, VP of Global Advanced Manufacturing at Whirlpool
- Bedy Yang, Venture Partner at 500 Startups
- Leopoldo Prieto, Founder of Betazeta Chile
- Leonard Schlesinger, President, Babson College
To register please visit: http://www.babsonlatinamerica.com/Forum2013/
Past speakers at Babson's Latin Entrepreneurship Forum have included:
- Princess Cristina of Spain
- Vicente Fox, President of Mexico 2000 - 2006
- Jack Welch, former CEO, General Electric
- Jaime Chico Pardo, Chairman Telmex, Mexico
- Juan Domingo Beckman, CEO of Jose Cuervo
- Isabel Noboa, CEO of Consorcio Nobis, Ecuador
The Forum has reached 27 universities and more than 1,000 students through live streaming in countries such as Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Peru, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Spain and Puerto Rico. More than 500 people attended the event on the Babson campus. Babson's Latin America Business Club is meant for MBA students who have an interest in doing business and developing relationships in Latin America. The club encourages an understanding of the Latin culture, promotes networking activities, and enhances entrepreneurship opportunities there.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(r). The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu
Michael Chmura, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-239-4549
SOURCE Babson College
More by this Source
Babson MBA Blended Learning Program Ranked #1 For Salary By Financial Times
Mar 10, 2014, 12:37 ET
First-Year Babson Undergraduate Students Launch 28 Businesses
Mar 03, 2014, 15:07 ET
10 Babson Businesses Advance To Startup Rounds Business Competition Finals
Feb 26, 2014, 16:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.